-Add 0:30 (half hour) interval possibility to day and week Calendar visualization

acayer

Hi,

I really need to be able to setup meeting from ex 14:30 to 20:00 or 13:30 to 14:30. I've look the plugin dir and its fairly complicated to work around.

Thanks

Alex

Nope, this is something I tried a while ago, and it turned out to be extremely difficult, and I wasn't able to do it. If you've looked at the plugin code, you'll know what I mean. It's one of those things that if we had a lot of people asking for this feature, we could justify the several days of work it would take to basically re-write how we build the calendar viz. But so far you are only the second person to ask for this feature, so it just isn't something we can do as part of routine support.

-- hugh

Nope, this is something I tried a while ago, and it turned out to be extremely difficult, and I wasn't able to do it. If you've looked at the plugin code, you'll know what I mean. It's one of those things that if we had a lot of people asking for this feature, we could justify the several days of work it would take to basically re-write how we build the calendar viz. But so far you are only the second person to ask for this feature, so it just isn't something we can do as part of routine support.

-- hugh

How much this would be ? To rewrite it as to be able to have the :30 ? Hard to force client to book on hour base strictly.

As per our live chat discussions:

1) We can't commit to doing any work on this for at least the next 6 weeks.

2) It's probably in the region of 5 to 10 hours, and we're happy to split the hours with you 50/50, if the improvements just go straight in to the existing Open Source codebase, rather than being specific to you.

I did speak to Rob, and he's OK about committing to doing it, but only once our current work on the JED project is complete. We can't absolutely commit to a timeline, as the JED work may run long (or short, you never know).

Meanwhile, if you find any really good looking JQuery based calendars ... feel free to provide pointers. We are open to writing a completely new calendar viz, rather than spending more time fixing the rather old code int he existing one.

-- hugh

As per our live chat discussions:

1) We can't commit to doing any work on this for at least the next 6 weeks.

2) It's probably in the region of 5 to 10 hours, and we're happy to split the hours with you 50/50, if the improvements just go straight in to the existing Open Source codebase, rather than being specific to you.

I did speak to Rob, and he's OK about committing to doing it, but only once our current work on the JED project is complete. We can't absolutely commit to a timeline, as the JED work may run long (or short, you never know).

Meanwhile, if you find any really good looking JQuery based calendars ... feel free to provide pointers. We are open to writing a completely new calendar viz, rather than spending more time fixing the rather old code int he existing one.

-- hugh

Hugh,

I would have god with FullCalendar v2B.
I have hacked a solution (temp) in the meantime.

Alex

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back