Advanced Filter - not responsive

Hi guys,

We are designing a website with Joomla/Fabrik that will be viewed a lot on phones and tablets. We have discovered that the "Advanced Filter" popup window is NOT responsive, at least not in a desktop browsers.

Is there a way to make it work better in a mobile environment?

Best regards,
Arnor Baldvinsson
Icetips Alta LLC

I'm sure it'd be possible, but probably a fair amount of work.

At the moment, the advanced search is built in ./components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/_advancedsearch.php. So it's not a part of the main list template structure, so can't be overridden as part of a custom template. And it hasn't yet been abstracted out into one or more layout files, so you can't customize it with layouts.

I think what needs to happen is that the guts of that template file need to be moved into a layout, which can then be overridden for different responsive frameworks.

If you want to take out a Pro sub, I could do the initial work of moving the guts of it into a layout, so you could then do your own customization, which would involve create a layout that uses a fluid grid rather than the HTML table it currently uses. I'd be happy to merge any layout you came up with into our code, so you wouldn't have to maintain it as a custom layout.

If you wanted me to do the layout work for you, I'd have to charge for that on an hourly basis.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh,

Thanks - right now we are just scratching the surface. I'm working on this for a client as part of a larger project so it would be up to him to do subscriptions, but we have been talking about it. Fabrik is a fantastic product and you guys are so helpful, but there is a LOT to learn:) I'll report this to my client - who is away taking care of family right now.

Best regards,
Arnor

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back