Advanced search

I've spent some time this afternoon going over this and have made some improvements to the advanced search handling.
Could you update from github to see if things work as expected for you?

Fabrik-fabrik-3.0.3-101-g2419075.zip / no cache

problem from post #19 is still present. i can't clear AdvSearch filters.

The problem of the video remains, but if u press clear filters just before the second searching it works fine.

From the tests i' ve made i ended to the conclusion that the main "problem" is that filters are not autocleared when u make a new search WITHOUT first to press the clear filters button.
I do not what your goal is on that but if u think this button will be necessary between any two searches, then it is ok now.

I'll run some test tomorrow also where others will use the searching more extensively and return here.

Thnks!

PS. Adv Filters are cleared when i press the clear filter button, in addition to s6930064

pehaps I dont understand what you are saying, as I dont see this.
Can you make a video showing me what you are doing?

Rob thnks for the nswer

the video u asked already exists in post 19!

So let me summarize...

The search filters are NOT cleared between 2 searches if u do not press the clear filters button.
So if do not clear the filters manually, pagenation between results do not work(more at the video).

Also, when using advanced search to find a date element value,it is not working!!!!
And, in google chrome, date element do not pop up the calendar when u want to search in the advanced search.

In your disposal anytime u need me Rob, if u want i can show u through Skype or anything else.
Otherwise I can see no problem

Also, when using advanced search to find a date element value,it is not working!!!!
And, in google chrome, date element do not pop up the calendar when u want to search in the advanced search.
advanced date filter seems to be working ONLY IF date element is "normal" filter element, too.

Info from fabrikdebug:
date_time filter=field -> ok, debug: ( `lehrer`.`date_time` BETWEEN '2011-10-18 00:00:00' AND '2011-10-18 23:59:59' )
date_time filter=none -> not working, debug: ( `lehrer`.`date_time` = '18-10-2011' )

sorry for re-asking for the video
Anyway I still can't replicate this
can you give me access to your site and ftp details so i can observe and test the issue/
thx
Rob

sorry for the late reply. I tried to access the site you pm'd but its not availble - could you let me know when it is please?

Hello Rob and thnks for the answer.

Don't worry for the late reply, I understand.

Indeed, today for the first time after a long time i had to shutdown the server for a few hours for maintenance. We are unlucky!

Now it's back online, in case something goes wrong again, let me know so I can fix it.

Keep up the good work and thnks again!

ok thanks for putting the site back up,

I had a look and think i have fixed it. The changes are on your site and at github

-Rob

Rob thnks for the answer.

Indeed the issue that appears on the video is now fixed, thnks for this.

Seems though, that searching has some more issues...
Since this thread is for searching, i will put all of the faults i do recognize for the searching here.

So, when using advanced search.
1. If the results are MORE than one page, then trying to see the second page of these results, gives the second page of ALL the records in the specific table and not the ones from the searching results.

2 The date element does not work well...When u make a search with a date element and u choose the date from the calendar popup, it gives no results...I think that this is related to the problem that me and troaster describes on another thread for the submmiting of the date element and the form that this has. I mean that maybe when using advanced search on a date element, the advanced search process, submits the date on the form that the list has and NOT as the specific MySql database is...

3. Popup calendar does not work at all in advanced search in google chrome...

1 - I think this is fixed now. I think it was because your menu item had reset filters = 1 ?

2 & 3 confirmed and should be fixed

update and let me know if that fixes things for you

When using date element as search filed in advanced search and want to search within a range, meaning that i choose

date grater than 01.01.2012
and date less than 01.02.2012

it doesn't work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back