Ajax image upload drops image on edit-record since 3.6 update

arcadeicons

Whenever I edit any aspect of a record that has an AJAX image upload as part of the form, any previously uploaded image doesn't show as existing in the form, on submission of the changes, the previous image is dropped altogether from the record and needs to be resubmitted.

I can't replicate this.

Do you see any JS errors on tha page, if you open dev tools in your browser?

Have you tried enabling "bust js" in the global Fabrik options, to force reloading the JS in your browser?

-- hugh

Turned on Burst JS and enable JS Debugging, don't see anything, no JS errors on page.

Tried the page in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE - same issue.

Attached is the edit page of a record that already has an image uploaded to it...

Attachments

• error.PNG
    error.PNG
    19.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
I can't replicate either.
Which Joomla, php version?
Extact element settings? (thumbnail, crop, anything not default)

Joomla 3.7, Fabrik 3.6, PHP 7.0

Attachments

• page1.PNG
    page1.PNG
    35.3 KB · Views: 49
  • page2.PNG
    page2.PNG
    32.9 KB · Views: 46
  • page3.PNG
    page3.PNG
    32.6 KB · Views: 50
  • page5.PNG
    page5.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 53
  • page6.PNG
    page6.PNG
    33.7 KB · Views: 42
  • page7.PNG
    page7.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 48
Ah, crap, I didn't mean to commit that, I was testing something. It got caught up in a commit of something else. I'll revert that.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Look at the git commit referenced above. You can see the changes made to fileupload.php.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

OK I reverted upload.php back and I can see that it saves uploaded images now in the form on edit.

However, I turned off cropping as it didn't suit the type of photos people would use.
Now another list I had pointing at the same table, is still trying to render cropped images from the old entries, how do I force that list to flush any old info and render the right images in list view from /images/{$my->username} instead of /images/{$my->username}/crop

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back