Ajax Validation/Tooltips

polarweb

Jeremiah
Im having some issues with both ajax validation and tooltips for the "required" fields.

With the ajax validation, I set this to "yes" in form settings and add a new "validation" rule, set to "not empty" and it fails the test. My fields are empty, but I end up with the green "check" that says it passed the test.

The tooltips for required, such as the little red star, when I hover on them are showing:

PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_LABEL

In the backend, under the validation settings, its also showing:

PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_ERROR_LABEL

PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_NOTEMPTY_CONDITION_LABEL

I am not understanding what the issue is here. I am running on:

Joomla 2.5.2
Fabrik 3.0.4

Heya hugh, to answer your questions:

The element type was "field". Language is "UK English/en-GB".

I did update the files as suggested by using the github.

The tooltips are now showing correctly on the "red required icon" on the front end, but ajax validation is still failing to recognize an empty field. I also remember more validation options than the 4 we can select now, in Fabrik 2. Is there more validation packages?

Oh, and not only is element type "field" incorrectly validating on "notempty", "checkbox", and "text area" are doing the same ajax failure.

I think this was because of a bug where if you hadn't specified a error message for the validation the js code presumes an empty message is a successful validation.
In github I've updated the error message handling code so that a default message is used if none entered.
Regarding the other validations, you should, if you updated from github and ftp'd all files, be able to discover via Joomla's installer all additional plugins.

-Rob

Hi I'm having the same problem, updated from github but only in the front end, the validation pop-up is empty, for various validations. Language it_IT

Can you be more specific about which validations? It no doubt means there's some language phrases missing from the IT translations for those validation plugins, so it'd obviously help me if I know which ones, rather than having to check all of them.

-- hugh

Missing Hover text over red star Validation

The problem is replicated in all of my forms for all the validations I used. I will list a few even if I think that that is not the problem.
notempty
isemail
isnot

The text over an alert for wrong/missing filling is also missing.
The problem can be seen here.
http://www.freesolarimpianti.com/fo...sparmiare-2/richiedi-consulenza-gratuita.html

I have updated to version 3.0.5.1 but the problem is still there.

Joomla 2.5.4 Template beez20 PHP 5.3.10

Just a quick Q for Stevie- Did you run through the Post Github Update Steps, via the J! Extension Manager? This may help. Myself personally, I did the GitHub Update, then had to run through the extensions manager to update/install validations, etc. After that I had to make sure there was "text" for the warning in each validation.

OK, the problem is that you main J! template is setting the font color to #ffffff (white), so the validation popups are showing white text on a white background.

In order to fix this, you'll probably need to create a custom_css.php in your template folder, at ./components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/default (or whatever template it is). You can find an example custom_css_example.php in the default folder you can copy and use. Then something like:

.floating-tip span {
color: #000000;
}

... or whatever color you want your text to be.

The other issue, where you have labels like PLG_VALIDATIONRULE_ISNOT_LABEL, is because as I mentioned before, we haven't had time to add that language tag to all of the language files yet. I've added it to the isnot validation, as an English placeholder, in github.

Once you get your font color sorted out, if you can tell me which validations are missing the front end language, I'll add English placeholders for them, and someone can then provide Italian translations.

-- hugh

Floating Tips

Thanks Hugh, part of my problems have been solved. For the benefit of those with similar problems I have not only put the code you suggested in my defaule template css, in the forms section, but I also addes the:

.fabrikErrorMessage
{
}

which was giving the same problems.
To keep on this topic; the is there a way to adjust the floating error Message window size as it leaves a word per line which makes it awkward to read?

As for the plugin validations, I'd be happy, since I have a vested interest, to help out in the Italian translation, which would also speed up the process given that the site has gone online and for future reference the form can be found at http://www.freesolarimpianti.com/inizia-risparmiare-2/richiedi-consulenza-gratuita

Best way to contribute language updates is to fork the main Fabrik project from github, and push change requests to us. that way we can integrate your changes with one click, which makes life at least a zillion times easier for us.

http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/

The initial setup for git on your local machine is a little involved, as you have to create and configure your ssh keys. But that's a one-off pain. Once you're securely connected to github, the rest is fairly straight forward, to fork your own copy, clone it locally, and push change requests to us.

-- hugh

I believe the class for the popup is 'floating-tip', so you should be able to tweak the width for that in a custom_css.php. The basic attributes for that class are already set in the main template_css.php for your template.

-- hugh

Error Flyover tip

Hi Huge, the trick worked. For the benefit of those who have the same problem I not only added the code to my default tamplate css but also

.fabrikErrorMessage {
}
for the error flyover tip.

which controllls the error flyober tip.

To keep to the topic though, is there a way to controll the size and shape of the flyover error tip?, Currently it puts a word per line which makes the reading somewhat awrkward.

As for the translations I'd be happy to give mey contribution in vertue of the fact that it might speed-up the proccess, given that my stie has gone online.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back