All in one sort button

edzz83

Im new to fabric so apologies if this is covered somewhere, ive been through the tutorials but for some reason (maybe the fact ive been programming all day) I cant seem to get my head around it.

Ive installed the newest BETA version of fabrik 3.1 on Joomla 3.0, updated via Github which fixed my first couple problems.

Im trying to create the a basic search and display form.

Basically it would look and work just like google, except display a text field from a database ive created.

I can update the database, view the entire list contents on front end, and use the basic search function built into fabric.

But i really want also a few sort buttons, that shows on my form as just one single button that will show:
10 most recent items in the database
A single random item from the database. (like the im feeling lucky on google)

I have my lists and forms setup, and i have blank buttons showing, I just dont know where to go from there. (which is probably the 'hard' part lol.)

Any point in the right direction would be great. Thanks

Friendly Bump..

Friendly Bump..

Would really appreciate even a small point in the right direction. Thanks!

But i really want also a few sort buttons......10 most recent items in the database
Not sure I understand here - how does 'sorting' which for me is related to ordering the data relate to showing a list? Could you explain further, post a url to your site etc, so that I can understand what you mean.

You can load a random row by setting the rowid to -2, so say your details link is

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=1&rowid=1

for showing row 1, then

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=1&rowid=-2

will show a random record

Site Example

Hi Rob,

Thanks for getting back to me.

You can see a php coded example of what I am trying to do here:
http://www.accentuateit.com.au/addon_domains/allowe/cyberjoke/

And here is where I am at so far (which is well, not so far):
http://www.accentuateit.com.au/addon_domains/allowe/home/show-all-jokes-list

The top link is a fully functional version of what im 'reproducing', im hoping this little project will help me get my head around fabrik also, as from what I have seen it seems like a pretty powerful tool and would be invaluable in future projects, and would love to be an active part of the community. (I already have a few more complex projects in mind.)

Thanks for your help!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back