Fabrik 3.9 has been released. If you have updated Joomla to 3.9, this is a required update.Dismiss Notice
Filters can be applied to a Fabrik table via the following means:
- Element filters
- The table search all filter
- Filter form
Filtering via the URL (top)
NOTE - when using complex query string filters, like specifying 'group_to_previous' or 'join', this will often not play well with existing element filters on the list. So when using complex URL filtering, you should remove any element filtering (typically by copying your list and removing any element filters from the copy) to avoid unpredictable conflicts. This is because we simply have no way of knowing how the boolean logic of your initial query string filters should interact with the element filters.
The simplest way to filter is to append "&tablename___elmentname=value" to the URL.
URL date filters accept times that can be converted using PHP's strtotime function (see http://php.net/strtotime)
If you want to match upcoming records for the next 2 weeks you can do this:
Code (Text):?tablename___time_date[value]=now&tablename___time_date[value]=%2B2 week&tablename___time_date[condition]=BETWEEN
If you want to match the records from last week you can do this:
Code (Text):?tablename___time_date[value]=-1 week&tablename___time_date[value]=now&tablename___time_date[condition]=BETWEEN
- BEGINS WITH
- ENDS WITH
Grouping multiple sub queries(top)Say we want to create this where statement:
WHERE (tablename___user_town = 'La Rochelle' OR tablename___user_town = 'Paris') AND (tablename___user_age = 20 OR tablename___user_age = 30)
Grouping sub queries - Another example(top)Say we want to create this where statement:
WHERE (tablename___player_a_id = 100 OR tablename___player_b_id = 100 OR tablename___player_x_id = 100 OR tablename___player_y_id = 100) AND yr = 2016
If you need to test for a list of different possible values, you can use the IN condition with a comma separated list:
URL filtering Across All Fields (top)There are two variables you can use to filter data across all of the table's fields:
- fabrik_table_filter_all - This defines the value to search for
- search-mode-advanced - If your table has its 'advanced search mode' turned on, then Fabrik will use boolean full text matchingThis has the additional option to specify how to search the data:
- all - search for all the words
- any - search for any of the words
- exact - search for the exact phrase
- none - search for all records which don't contain the value
- fabrik_list_filter_all_X_com_fabrik_X (X is the list ID)
Element Filters (top)For each element you have the option to add a filter to the List view, allowing your users to filter the table data. For information about the individual element filter settings see here.
Clearing Element Filters (top)You can clear the filters by pressing the 'clear' button at the top of the List. This will remove all the users filters from their session, but will still apply the table's prefilters.
In addition you can pass in variables via the querystring to clear and/or reset filters:
- clearfilters=1 will clear the previous filters and not apply any other filters except prefilters (has the same behaviour as the 'clear' button)
- resetfilters=1 will clear previous filters and apply any current querystring filters and prefilters
- clearorder=1 will clear any ordering that has been applied to the table view.
Ordering list data via the querystring (top)
For ordering data via the querystring please see sorting list data