Attempting to use email plugin in form

Status
Not open for further replies.

laztech

I was following instructions posted on how to do what this guy was trying to do here:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27479

But when I put these settings in, submit the form, it leads to an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRegistry::getvalue() in /home/johnwi6/public_html/testingground/plugins/fabrik_form/email/email.php on line 175

Here is the code on line 175:

$email_from = $config->getvalue('mailfrom');

When this failed I tried the receipt plugin, same settings, same issue only in the receipt/receipt.php on line 138

Here is the code on line 138:

$res = JUTility::sendMail($from, $fromname, $to, $subject, $message, true);

Kind of learning all of this stuff from scratch so this may be an issue on my end, possibly in a setting somewhere, but I'm not sure what it is.

The form I have built is supposed to be a price quote form, user fills it out, clicks save/submit and it emails to the staff.

Should be fixed in goithub for the email plugin.

When you say "same issue" in the receipt plugin, do you mean the same "undefined method"? I don't see anywhere in the receipt code where we incorrectly used $config->getvalue() instead of the (correct) $config->get().

-- hugh

Should be fixed in goithub for the email plugin.

When you say "same issue" in the receipt plugin, do you mean the same "undefined method"? I don't see anywhere in the receipt code where we incorrectly used $config->getvalue() instead of the (correct) $config->get().

-- hugh

What I mean is when I put in the same settings in the receipt plugin, when the form is submitted it also gives an error to the same area except the receipt section, so instead of:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRegistry::getvalue() in /home/johnwi6/public_html/testingground/plugins/fabrik_form/email/email.php on line 175

It says:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRegistry::getvalue() in /home/johnwi6/public_html/testingground/plugins/fabrik_form/receipt/receipt.php on line 138

This one should be fixed in github (joomla3 branch)

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRegistry::getvalue() in /home/johnwi6/public_html/testingground/plugins/fabrik_form/receipt/receipt.php on line 138

I couldnt see any code related to this line in github, so perhaps try updating from there?

See my issue has been I haven't entirely been able to ensure I'm on 3.1a because I can't find anywhere to check my version. I also can't seem to figure out how to update properly without my site breaking ^^

Are you running Joomla 2.5.8 or Joomla3.x?
How did you install/update your fabrik?

Joomla 3.0.2

I don't entirely recall how I installed the original file. But I know I somehow managed to use a file from github in the extension installer in joomla to update from the original to whatever new version was available a few days back.

If you are running Joomla3 you must update from GitHub joomla3 branch:

goto https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik
select branch=joomla3
download the ZIP (will give you a file fabrik-joomla3.zip)

upzip
upload the content of the joomla3 folder (ie folders admin, component...) to your Joomla root
(maybe there are other ways to do it)

Don't use the Joomla ExtensionManager "Update" tab once you have updated from GitHub (only the ExtensionManager "Discover" tab to discover and install additional plugins)

Fabrik3.1 is Alpha, so please post issues in the Fabrik3.1Alpha forum.

Do I select joomla 3 and master or just joomla 3? Because its had joomla 3 and master selected and I've done what you just said and it keeps breaking my site.

I believe this has been my mistake. I've been clicking on the switch branches/tags section which, whatever it's purpose, allows you to check off multiple things. It's located on the left side of the page on github. I'm pretty sure I was clicking the wrong thing and downloading the wrong file.

Here's an example visually:

3lJTD.png

I just updated and when I tried to hit submit on the form, it took me to a 404 page and gave this error:

SQL=SELECT DISTINCT(email) FROM jaig1_users AS u LEFT JOIN jaig1_user_usergroup_map AS m ON u.id = m.user_id WHERE m.group_id IN ()

I've moved the thread to Fabrik3.1[Alpha] forum.

I can confirm this error, select something (e.g. guest) in "Send to group(s)"

I've selected something in groups, super user, and it all seems to work fine now.

Thanks!

Might be an idea to have it so that if you don't have something selected it doesn't allow you to save.

On a side note, I'm trying to close my threads when they are resolved, but it seems as though once a thread is moved by someone else I lose the ability to close it, that's just my assumption on what's causing it but I know that there's a couple of my threads I can't close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back