Auto-fill Practice

mk13

I wanted a continuous about [post]25183[/post].
Plan is : when I type a postal code on the form view, the auto-fill plugin take a prefecture, a city, an adress from master table. the Setting like attached.

- Table (A) : be listed zip code and adress
id
7zip
ken
shi
cho

- Table (B) : be populated from Table(A)
id
postal
prefecture
city
address

- Form (B) : be based on Table(B)
postal ( database-join & auto complete) = the trigger what I think
prefecture ( field )
city ( field )
address ( field )

Action : populating from Table(A) to Form(B)
7zip -> postal
ken -> prefecture
shi -> city
cho -> address
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
However it does not work. :D Maybe I am missing somthing, Please give me advice.

Attachments

• set_autofill.png
    set_autofill.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 292
  • form_autofill.png
    form_autofill.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 282
  • master_zip_table.png
    master_zip_table.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 308
  • trigger_autofill.png
    trigger_autofill.png
    29.5 KB · Views: 305
The 'value' on your 'postal' join element needs to be set to the Primary Key ('id') of the zip table.

Also, you probably don't need 'autocomplete on load' set.

-- hugh

Also, you probably don't need 'autocomplete on load' set.
-- hugh
We were ought to choice someone dropdown, checkbox, auto-complete, and no null option, right ? And zip table had a big records, so I could not chose to use dropdown and chekbox. And I would like to make it to be used by Typing out of trigger. So that auto-complete had chosen.

The 'value' on your 'postal' join element needs to be set to the Primary Key ('id') of the zip table.
I changed like this, but not work...... And it seems that there is not autfill.js was loaded. I have removed all custom js from /media/com_fabrik/js and components/com_fabrik/js. Ajyax Validation was ON.

We were ought to choice someone dropdown, checkbox, auto-complete, and no null option, right ? And zip table had a big records, so I could not chose to use dropdown and chekbox. And I would like to make it to be used by Typing out of trigger. So that auto-complete had chosen.

I'm talking about on the autofill plugin, not the join element.

-- hugh

I'm not sure what the issue is. I use auto-fill on a "US Cities" table which has about 180,000 rows, and it works just fine. But my test server is very fast.

If you'd like to take out a paid subscription, I could do some 'hands on' work on your site, to try and resolve some of these issues. But all I can really do at the moment is see if I can replicate issues you report ... and for whatever reason, I seldom seem able to duplicate problems you report.

-- hugh

I set the observed element to 'id' under the autofill setting. Then I am only able to get the response with key value given,

response [{"value":"4886","text":"790509"}]

but unable to get mapping values in there. And then I noticed that if I set and save a lookup against foreign table with regard to mapping, it go back to 'please select'. Foreign table,group,elements was set 'registered'.
And I have tried to added semicolon at the end of mapping code, But doesn't get mapping value.In addition to this, I have a question that should I write a the value of key which is trigger into the mapping ?

All my test cases for autofill are currently unavailable, due to my test servers being fried by a lightning strike. I'm working on recovering a working server, but it'll be a few days before I expect to have one up and running again.

-- hugh

I would like to try to use this meta tag for JSON. Could you tell me where can I put it into a form header of fabrik ?
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="application/x-javascript; charset=utf-8" />

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve with that?

We have no mechansim to let you set meta tags. And setting the content type to javascript on a form would break things horribly.

-- hugh

because I still can't receive the value mapped, and can receive only value of key, so I thought the mime type is needed with application/javascript.

And I have minded one thing that the autofill can access to some element registered rights.

Attachments

• RequestHeader.png
    RequestHeader.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 237
I could post the parameters, But Response still like this {}

Attachments

• post.jpg
    post.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 212
Back