Autofill is working only One Way

loudy

Hello,
Finally I got the Autofill working in my site, but I found that Autofill is working only One Way.
here is the case:
John is record (1)
Same is record (5)
John is related to Sam.
So in John's profile I added Sam record:
So now when I open Sam's record I do not see John's info.
records.png
I really needs help, as I'm launching my site on Monday. Please Please help :(

Do you want to 'autofill' (e.g. copying data) or do you want to join?
A Fabrik list join MUST have a primary key as one of the join params (so usually id-element of the 1st table to some dbjoin-element of the 2nd table or vice versa).
A relationship like "brother" usually is a many-to-many one, so you need an additional linking table.
See the tutorial for one-to-many and many-to-many relationship (it' an old Fabrik version but showing the principles)

Hi, I really want to use the Join list as this is better in term of Dynamic.
my main list is called:
Refugee, that has a id-element. and all the other fields such as: file number, name ... etc.
I also have a list called: Family Relationship, that also has id-element and the Family Relationship field.
in in the Refugee, I added new group: called: Related Applicant.
and this one also has id-element. but this is not a list, this is a group in Refugee.
So I have the following structure now:
my refugee main list:
Refugee Table.png
my Related group
Related group.png
my family relation
family.png

I have the Related Group is linked to Refugee List with: datajoin: IRCC files number.: element name:
rdr9e2n_rds_refugee_18_repeat___related_applicant

also the Related group is linked to family relation with datajoin with element name: rdr9e2n_rds_refugee_18_repeat___relationship

you visit my joomla to see the list and groups to get clear idea.

Please advise, and thank you

I spent almost the whole day to get this work but still not able to get it done. any help please

Currently the refuge list and the Related applicant is under join list in the refugee list, as I have the auto fill is working good, but its not showing in the other record.
I have tried to create new join: Left and add the refugee list and the related applicant group and add: Id and the CIC number in the setting.
Then I tried to make the cic filed unlined and changed it to datajoin so I can get the cic files numbers. it doesnt work the way I want. also it doenst fill out the form with the new info. "Does not populate the rest fields"

Standard support is 3 working days response time (we don't officially work weekends). You posted at 8:30pm on a Friday night.

I'll take a look, but I have prior commitments tonight (Sunday night).

-- hugh

Autofill almost certainly won't work in a repeat group. We've been working on extending it to work in repeats, but last time I tested, there were still issues.

And no, autofill won't work "two way".

I think the only way to achieve what you want is with a custom form plugin.

One question ... you have defined a table of "relationships". When you add, on John's form, that Sam is John's son, are you needing to then automatically add to Sam's forn that John is Sam's father?

As Troester said, for these kinds of relationships, you really need a mapping table, to form a many-to-many relationship. But that still won't solve the issue of setting up the reflected relationship, which would need the plugin.

What you are trying to do is not trivial.

-- hugh

Oh, thank you and sorry to bother you, I just noticed that the repeat group is not working with the auto fill option :(
I was thinking to keep the auto fill for now as it was successful.

------------- you wrote: -------
One question ... you have defined a table of "relationships". When you add, on John's form, that Sam is John's son, are you needing to then automatically add to Sam's forn that John is Sam's father?
----------------------------
this section is are dependable section, which are in the main applicant form. so this is has nothing to do with the Related Applicants.
An example: if there is a refugee who is applying now, at the time of his application, he will mention who will come with him and dependable on him and there is no IRCC file for them as they are under the main applicant.

------------------------------

What I need is simple but not sure how to achieve it., I think I did with the auto fill, but now after I know that repeatable group wont work this very sad :(

What I want to do is:
Link main applicants and have a list there under: Related Applicant.
a simple example:
John is applying for refugee. he will get new IRCC file and new record, he may have some dependable will go under the "relationship family tab" but that is not important.

after that John' sister applied for refugee with her family she will get new IRCC file and new record in the system.
after that John's Dad applied he will get new IRCC file and new record in the system.

So now I need to add in the John's file under related applicant the following:
John's sister
John's dad.

This will make it easy to track the history.

So basically I have only one refugee list.
because now the the auto repeat doesn't work I'm thinking to remove the auto fill plug in and make it just text filed and we will do that manually.
so I will add other files and information manually, I have tried to make a join list that auto populate the list once I select the IRCC file but I couldn't success.

Thank you any way and have a great weekend.

If there is only one 'main' record (John in your example) you can add a dbjoin element to your form.
In sister's and dad's record you select John, in the list settings enable related data for this dbjoin element.
Then in list view John's record will show a button for this related records.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I already a dbjoin element in my form:
0.png
also I have that set in my join in this list:
1.png
also I have it under the related data:
2.PNG

here is the my front end form for the Related Applicant
3.png

and when I select the file number, it links in the list view, no problem.
but my question how I can auto fill the following information:

4.png

Is there a soft of code that I need to enter to each filed, in case of I select the file number please fill the first name, last name ... etc.

Also once I select this, will this show in other profile that I have added here, or I need to enter the data there too.

I can see in the list shows: 1 that its linked. but under this tab will show nothing in the other file.

Please advise.

As @Hugh said autofill is not working in repeated groups.
In your example you are joining the other way around. If I get it correctly you are editing the "John" record and want to insert the related sister... records in a repeated group.
I would use just a dbjoin with a CONCAT label to display all the infos you want to see.

My solution was to edit the "sister" record and select "John" as "main IRCC holder" - which than will show "sister" in the related data.

I'm not sure if there will be issues if both is done: joining one table multiple times with itself.

Thank you guys for all your time and help in advance.
So basically, your suggest is to add the record of John's in the sister, father ... etc records.

if I do this will show the info under John's profile too?

How I can create: I would use just a dbjoin with a CONCAT label to display all the infos you want to see.
Not sure about the Contact label creating. please can you direct me, I did some search in Fabrik fourm and I could not find a good source.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-about-a-concat-element.8534/

Do I need to add a php value too? like: return "{tablename___lastname}, {tablename___firstname}";

Again thank you so much

I added this:
{thistable}.rds_refugee_first_name,', ',{thistable}.rds_refugee_last_name

Capture.PNG

And I got
1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that

no, only one dbjoin element concatenating all columns, e.g.
{thistable}.rds_refugee_first_name,', ',{thistable}.rds_refugee_last_name,', born ',{thistable}.date_of_birth

(Assuming date_of_birth is your short element name)

Dbjoin rendered as autocomplete means it's looking for entries matching the string you are typing.

Great, Finally it works they way I'm looking to have :)
Thank you so much for all your advise and help.

I'm trying to delete some old fields in the Related Applicant:
and I'm getting this message:
An error has occurred.
1091 Can't DROP 'related_first_name'; check that column/key exists SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__rds_refugee` DROP `related_first_name`
rrr.PNG

Any way to drop them?

Hello, I have 2 issues here:

1) I have set the Or contact Lable as:
'Related Applicant:',{thistable}.rds_refugee_first_name,', ',{thistable}.rds_refugee_last_name,', IRCC ',{thistable}.rds_refugee_cic_files_number

So in the list view, I see the following: Related Applicant:, IRCC,
event though I did not add any data. this should be empty as I did not add any info into the client.
upload_2016-7-25_18-5-14.png

Please see here.
How I can solve this and show empty value if we did not input any thing using this.

2)
'm trying to delete some old fields in the Related Applicant:
and I'm getting this message:
An error has occurred.
1091 Can't DROP 'related_first_name'; check that column/key exists SQL=ALTER TABLE `#__rds_refugee` DROP `related_first_name`

Any way to drop them?

Thanks,

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back