Autofill plugin from one repeat group to another repeat group

mirceat

Hello,

I have a repeat group as source and another repeat group as destination. I want to fill the destination fields with values from source but instead of getting the value i get the source field name.
Each repeat group already have set a number of minimum and maximum repeats in order to match the number of fields between source and destination.

this is the test code. the field to observe is outside repeat group (a dbjoin element rendered as dropdown). When i select a value from dropdown list, the autofill plugin is triggered but the result shows source fields names instead of source fields values.

Code:
{"contracte_setari_744_repeat___nume_camp_tarif_0":"tabela_test_746_repeat___nume_camp_repeat_0","contracte_setari_744_repeat___nume_camp_tarif_1":"tabela_test_746_repeat___nume_camp_repeat_1"}

this is the result:
View attachment 17491

Am i doing something wrong or is not possible to do this with Fabrik?

thank you

That's something I've never tried. I've done autofill to a repeat group (which I think is more or less working, I haven't tested it recently), but always from a simple, non repeating table.

So ... if you've tried it doesn't work, then no, it's not possible, and is something I'd have to work on, to find out if it is possible (I can think of several potential problems off the top of my head).

-- hugh

untill you'll find a solution, please tell me the code for autofill to a repeat group from a non repeating table: how should i map the data? I tried with this code, but again I see the field name instead of value:

PHP:
{"contracte_abonamente___tarife_camp_unu":"tabela_test_746_repeat___nume_camp_repeat_0","contracte_abonamente___tarife_camp_doi":"tabela_test_746_repeat___nume_camp_repeat_1"}

Ah, I didn't notice you said the observed element was in the main form. Nope, that won't work. The only repeating use case that works is where the observed element is in the same repeat group you are filling to, so we know which instance of the repeat to fill to, which is the same one the observed selection was made in.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back