Automatic numbering

Status
Not open for further replies.

akirasrebirth

Hello

I've used fabrik last year for film submissions for a filmfestival with very good results (more than 1000 submission with no problems).
This year I would improve the form.
The form works like this:
the user submits all the film data and then ships a DVD to us. When the film arrives, we assign a incrementing number in a text element and an automatic confirmation email is send to the user.
I would like that when I click on this text element the next incrementing number appears.
Is this possible with adding a Javascript action to the element?
I have no coding skills...

I would really appreciate if someone could help me :)

Sorry for bad English.

Thank you

roland

Yes, it would be possible to do that.

What I would suggest doing is to use the primary key as the ID number, and simply use a yes/no radio or checkbox for "has sent DVD".

One issue will be the email that gets sent. We have no support for sending different emails when a record is edited than when it is submitted. And no doubt you want the initial submission to simply say "thankyou for your submission, send us a DVD" or whatever. So you'll probably have to copy the Form to a 'staff only' version, which you only use to acknowledge receipt of the DVD, which has different email text ("your DVD was received and assigned the ID {id}"). And of course doesn't hide the "DVD sent" element.

-- hugh

Thank you

The email is ok I have already a "staff only version" for sending the email and is working fine. I need a incrementing number for archiving the dvd and finding them easily because the dvd are not arriving in the same order as the film data are submitted. We do already this way and its works good but we have always to look for the last assigned number.

ciao

roland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back