Best combination between Joomla and Fabrik

Hi,
I have some applications on some different site. I'd like to know, at this moment, the best stable combination between Joomla version, Fabrik version and GitHub update. Is this kind of info anywhere on site or GitHub?

Thank you very much
Mauro

In general, you should definitely be using Fabrik 3.2. Don't start any new projects on Fabrik 3.0. And of course, always use the latest J! release, unless you have some overpowering reason you can't.

The Fabrik 3.2 release is recent, so there haven't been too many fixes in github since then. Basically, our releases are just a snapshot of github. We then apply bug fixes and new features in github, until we have collected enough changes to be worth releasing a new ZIP release.

Whether you apply a github update really depends on whether you run across any issues in the latest ZIP release which affect your site, and which are fixed in github.

-- hugh

Hi, thank you for the reply.

My problem is that I have been working for months on a complex (for me) app that's working quite fine (with some problems) on Joomla 3.0.0 and Fabrik 3.1, to do this I had to stop upgrading from GitHub at the end of last spring. Now I will update (on a test site) and I'd like you to tell me if updating that code to Joomla 3.3.3 and Fabrik 3.2 will work. Just for instance, before upgrading to 3.1, I was using a code like this to determine form ref (as no other solution I found around seemed to work):
for(var key in Fabrik.blocks) {
formRef = key;
}
var elements = Fabrik.blocks[formRef].formElements;

elements.each(function (element, key) {

and now this code doesn't work anymore...

Now I'm too close to the deadline to check hundreds of lines of JS and hundred of fields for compatibility but I hope I can fix some major issues with an upgrade, most of all the fact that, since Fabrik 3.0, autofill plug in works fine on a new form but does't do anything on a saved form (I saw it has an issue with long fields names in the JSON string)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back