Bootstrap Table and Fabrik

I have to design my list view table to be usable on mobile devices. There is a lot of js plugins out there to do this.

My favorite at first sight is Bootstrap Table. It has very complex functions but I only want to use it to make collapsible rows (as on the attached image) based on current viewport.

Does anybody has experience with this kind of jQuery based table plugins? I'm afraid it will crash with Related data popups and other Fabrik functions

Attachments

• Bootstrap Table Examples.png
    Bootstrap Table Examples.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 101
No, I haven't tried that.

I am however in the process of designing a fully fluid, Bootstrap grid based list template. Can't guarantee when it'll be available, but it's in the works.

-- hugh

It sounds well. I was thinking to do that too but for my needs only flexbox based layout can be good so I'm waiting for bootstrap4. Joomla 4 is coming and it will support bs4. Is it planned to update fabrik templates and layouts to support bs4?

For original thread: I tried Bootstrap Table plugin but if I'm not mistaken unfortunatly it doesn't support real time show/hide columns based on current viewport so you have to write your own event handlers to do it.

Another alternative is Footable. It's bootstrap based too. I integrated it to my table list view and it works perfect.

Yes, we will be updating Fabrik for 4.0, but don't expect it any time soon. It's a huge task, and probably won't be ready for at least a year.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back