BUG: big text in list view is truncated

s6930064

Hi,

If you have a textarea element that can store more than 1MB of text then in the list you see only up to 65k (text is truncated) . In edit you do not have a problem, you see all text data in the textarea input.

It would be nice if in list mode we could see ALL text data with no truncate
Alternative if a text is truncated then a mark like (...) should exist in the list view.

Actually, you'll probably find that your data is being truncated on writing to the table, as the default field type for the textarea is TEXT, which is only 64k. You'll need to manually change the field type to MEDIUMTEXT in something like phpMyAdmin. Then probably set "alter field types" to NO in the Fabrik List's advanced settings, so we don't change it back to TEXT next time you save the settings for that element.

The textarea element has an option to truncate in list view, and to show '...' if it is truncated.

-- hugh

I had already used phpmyadmin to convert the field to mediumtext and, as i wrote, in edit i could see all data without a problem.
With your commit both problems seems to be solved. In fabrik now we have the option to extend a textbox to 16mb and in the list is displayed correctly.

Thank you.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back