Bug on birthday element (on validation)

kinkaz

Hi,

As you can see in attachment, when I put the birthday element validation to "notempty", there are "please select" appearing between the select elements.

This happens only if I put a validation on it.

Attachments

• birthday-problem.png
    birthday-problem.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 206
I use validation on that element as well and simply changed the options in the element to remove the please select. In my case I replaced it with /. Hope this helps.

Thanks ! Works for me ! I looked at this element for like ten minutes and didn't see the "label separator" part...

I've defaulted that option to '/' - no idea why we had it as 'please select' :)

BTW, that reminds me.

Something we need to work out is how to handle AJAX validation of things like the Birthday element, where you have more than one "bit". Currently, with AJAX validation, the birthday element will try and validate itself each time you blur from day, month or year ... and of course fails, until you've completed all three.

But the logic / implementation of exactly when to fire an AJAX validation aren't as simple as you might think. Or rather, as I might think.

-- hugh

i dont see how we can do something logical with that. As far as i can see we have to validate on a change of a 'bit'

I think the "logical" way would be if the element only fires the AJAX validation if all three bits have a value, i.e. are not in their default 'please select' state. No point firing the validation if (say) only Day has a value.

And it really is a pain using the Birthday element on an AJAX enabled form, getting two validation failures when trying to fill out a date.

-- hugh

but then the validation doesnt run if you havent filled in all the dropdowns?
Oh so thinking about it, that would be caught by the form submission itself?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back