BUG with access rights and related data column

juuser

Hello,

I have noticed a bug. I have a main table and several related data tables. In main table, when you have no rights to add data to related table, there were a lock icon in earlier Githubs.

Now it has "Add" text, but when you click on it, form view will open with text "You have no rights to add records...".

At my previous test, when I noticed this, it even let me add new record, but now I can't replicate this and having "You have no rights to add records..." notice only.

Anyway it's a dangerous bug for me.

Friendly bump :)

Still same issues with latest Github. Now also vice versa. I have logged in and cannot add data to related tables (lock icons showing). Logging in/out doesn't solve the issue.

I set up a releated data test list and form me I still see the padlock icon if I don't have access rights to the table. Could you check you are setting the access rights on the correct list, perhaps you have 2 copies of the same list and are editing a different one?

Thanks, I checked and I have the correct list. I have noticed that after logging in, sometimes I still see padlock icons. Now when I filter the data, add icons appear. Very strange...

I managed to solved this with a workaround disabling joomla caching. Maybe it helps to track the problem?!

It's not the best solution for me as my site has slowed down because of that :(

This one is real bad now with latest Github! I managed to make a workaround to my original problem, but now it's possible to edit every table's data without logging in.

Please help :'(

I now noticed that when i press "clear filters" button, then editing button disappears. When opening the table from menu, edit button appears again.

I have "reset filters" option set to "yes" on menu item options.

BTW, can you try setting the "Disable caching" to Yes in the Advanced settings on the List, for both your main list, and the related lists?

You may also have to clear J!'s cache.

Let me know if this changes the behavior.

-- hugh

Also, do you have J!'s cache plugin enabled (as opposed to the normal Global settings cache)?

Are you running a Gavick template, or any other template with it's own 'framework' which provides additional caching features?

I ran in to a very similar issue on someone else's site recently, and it turned out to be a Gavick template doing it's own caching, independantly of J!.

If you aren't sure, check your main J! plugins list for System plugins which look like they have anything to do with caching.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I use a very simple template made with Artisteer visual builder and this theme should have no extra caching. I diasbled cache plugin and also Joomla cache and now it seems to work as it should with 2nd March Github.

But with latest Github it is possible to edit data in all tables without logging in. This is probably not related to my original problem, but is really a serious issue.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back