Bypassing Joomla User Forms (password reset, etc)

I'm using a Fabrik form as a user registration/user edit form, it creates a Joomla user with the juser plugin, but it also uses the upsert plugin to create (and update) the user record in some other tables that I need for another application. So, basically, any change to a user's record needs to be funneled through the Fabrik form, or it all gets out of sync.

How can I replicate the Joomla password reset process using Fabrik?

There are two instances where a user would reset their password:

1. When a not-logged in user clicks the password reset link, they have to enter their email address, then Joomla sends an email with a verification code, the user enters the verification code, then they can reset their password.

2. Eventually I would like to set it up so my administrators can force a password reset for a user. Right now, if I do this, when the user logs in in they get redirected to the native Joomla password reset form. I'd like to have a custom Fabrik form so I can use the upsert plugin to make sure my other tables are updated as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 - I believe you can override the layout for the J! login module (in Advanced settings), and could provide your own link for the reset. Of course, that still leaves the issue of having to handle creating the code, sending the email, and handling the processing of the actual change. Which is non trivial.

So are you actually having to store the clear text password to your other table(s)?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back