Cannot install Fabrik 3.4.3 - 550 Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonitus

Hi,

I tried to install Fabrik 3.4.3 on Joomla 3.5.1 and I get a blank 550 Error screen. Both frontend and backend have blank screens with reported 550 error.

I did some tests and unzipped the package to install every single plugin and modules individually, which all installed correctly, however when I tried to install the main component of Fabrik, (com_fabrik_3.4.3.zip), this is where the installation fails.

Is there a problem with this component when installing it to the latest Joomla version?

Regards,
Tony
P.S. I tried it on different templates under Joomla 3.5.1 and still it does not install.
P.S.S. I will now install it on a Joomla version lower than this to see if it is a Joomla version issue.

There's no principal issue with installing Fabrik3.4.3.

Error 550 = permission denied, so it seems on your site Fabrik is not able to access some folders

Thank you for your response.

I can see in the files that it installs com_fabrik in both administrator/components section and the components section. Can you please tell me what folders can be changed to access this? I have no issues installing other components.

I did some more tests. It installs all the files, however when I remove the entire com_fabrik folder from the component folder, the site works, however Fabrik won't work as expected of course. This leads me to believe I am having issues with these files only. Can anyone please help me with this as I want to install it first before I upgrade my account to a paid one eventually as before.

Sounds like something wrong with your file or folder permissions. A 550 error is "permission denied", coming from the web server. Nothing to do with Fabrik itself.

Have you checked the permissions on the main Fabrik component folders?

-- hugh

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I checked the folder permission of that Fabrik component folders and they are set to 755, same as the other component folders.

I also changed the template to another and still the issue remains as well as using an older Joomla 3 version. This must surely be a web server issue, but I don't know what to do to get it to work on the web server. Any ideas please? I love Fabrik and I prefer to use this instead of other alternatives.

This is what I get in my error logs:

developmentspot.co.uk [Mon May 02 23:58:39 2016] [error] [client 188.220.247.87:36900] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JFormField in /home/sites/domainname.co.uk/public_html/merc/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/34/field.php on line 18: /home/sites/domainname.co.uk/public_html/merc/administrator/index.php

Does this help?

Interesting now. I definitely found the culprit file as I renamed the field.php file above and now my sites works, probably not well of course as this file would be missing now. I don't know what this file does and whether I need it or not.

Hmmm, it shouldn't be using that file if you are running 3.5.1, it should be using the one in classes/35.

Are you running Kunena?

-- hugh

The test I did for this thread was for Joomla 3.4.8. I would presume folder 35 is for 3.5.1, but still it doesn't work on the latest 3.5.1 version.

No, I don't use Kunena. The only component I have is Virtuemart 3.0.16. I also tried to install Fabrik on Virtuemart 3.0.14 too to see if that could have been the issue. As I don't have any other components, Virtuemart could well be the culprit. I'll try to install Fabrik without Virtuemart to test it.

I wasn't aware of issues with Virtuemart, but try it on a clean install.

There is an issue with Kunena, they have a plugin which instantiates the JFormField class before we do, unless our system plugin is set to a lower order. It's possible Virtuemart now has the same issue. I don't have it installed anywhere.

-- hugh

I just installed the latest Fabrik on a site without Virtuemart and now Fabrik gets installed successfully, so it looks like recent versions of Virtuemart may be the culprit. So Fabrik doesn't install properly on Virtuemart 3.014 and 3.0.16. I'm not sure about the previous versions.

I hope this helps.

Tony

OK. Try installing Virtuemart now, see if it works. It may well, if it's the same issue that happens with Kunena to do with plugin ordering.

-- hugh

I now installed Virtuemart on that clean template and now all is ok.

This is my dilemma now, I bought a template that has Virtuemart pre-installed with CSS styling, etc. I can't delete Virtuemart from that template otherwise I'll lose all the data (i.e. products I entered plus configuration) and styling. Is there a way around this plugin ordering to get Fabrik to work on my template?

You can try on your virtuemart site:
Backup
Have a look at the system plugins. If there's one for Virtuemart - disable it.
Install Fabrik (hopefully without error)
Go to system plugins again
Enable the order column (left most one), drag/drop the Fabrik plugin before the Virtuemart one.
Enable Virtuemart.

If this doesn't help:
have a look directly in the DB and set the Fabrik system plugin ordering to -1, see http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/problem-with-kunena-3-x/

That did the trick.

What I did was install Fabrik as usual via the normal Joomla install section. I then get a blank 550 Error as discussed above. I then went into the database directly and set the ordering to -1 in plg_fabrik_system in the #_extensions table. I didn't have to disable the Virtuemart system plugin via the admin page as that did not exist.

Hugh and troester, thank you very much for all your kind help.

Tony

Out of interest: which other system plugins do you have?
If there's no Virtuemart one...

You can close solved threads by unchecking "open" in Thread tools".
BTW: your subscription is Standard so better post in the Standard forum.

These are my system plugins:

System - Redirect
System - P3P Policy
System - Logout
System - Remember Me
System - SEF
System - VirtuePlanet Framework -> Template Framework, however this can't be the issue as I installed Fabrik on another template without this framework.
System - Joomla! Update Notification
System - Joomla! Statistics
System - User Log
System - Language Filter
System - Fabrik
System - Debug
System - Page Cache
System - Fabrik Scheduled Tasks
System - Highlight
System - Language Code
System - JCE -> I installed this after Fabrik
System - Pay with Amazon -> Virtuemart payment system (could be this)

I'm starting a new Fabrik project soon so as soon as I do I will upgrade my subscription again.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back