cannot save element in edit

watzo99

Hello,
a new Fabrik user here... I like the flexibility very much.

I've run into an issue with certain elements that I can no longer save while editing. The only button that works on "edit element" screen is "Close". I receive no messages when I click "Save", "Save & Close", "Save & New" or "Save as Copy"... it just stays on the screen.

I'm on Joomla 2.5.18 and Fabrik 3.0.9

I've found a few threads that discuss similar issues. I thought this thread would solve my issue:
fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/unable-to-save-or-edit-field-element.36977/

The way I read it, it solves the problem in Joomla 2.5. So I updated to latest GitHub, but no luck in resolving the issue. Same results.

Here is a screen shot of Firebug error console showing some issues:
Screenshot from 2014-03-14 10:49:52.png

Any help is appreciated.

So you've updated with the GitHub master branch?
And then cleared all Joomla and browser cache?

yes - that's correct.

I've played around with some test elements and it seems to "stop saving" when you set any Javascript event (e.g. on load, change, etc) and any action in dropdowns (e.g. hide test_field when this ==) and if you put double-quotes in the value field (where I have "HELLO"), then click Save, the Javascript info goes away as if you clicked Delete. From that point on the save buttons do nothing to this element. Even if you get out of the element and come back in.
I attached a "before" screenshot just before I clicked Save. I was originally trying to set up an empty string, "", but it seems that any string with double quotes seems to cause this symptom.
Screenshot from 2014-03-14 16:17:10.png

Yeah, that's one that got fixed in 3.1, where we convert to html entities, in code and data. Which is why JS events need resaving when you update from 3.0.

The problem being if we apply the same fix to 3.0, it'll then break existing JS events. I'm not sure this is something we want to get in to on 3.0. Values don't need quotes around them, as we do that for you. What we could probably do is add an 'empty' and 'not empty' condition, which would make handling empty values easier.

Let's see if rob has an opinion. I've assigned this one to him, to get his attention.

-- hugh

I'm with Hugh on this one, its been fixed in 3.1 and back porting will cause issues with existing implementations.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back