Cannot update Fabrik list: link, error

Skorpeyon

Anytime I try to update Fabrik list: link in the Extensions Updater in Joomla, I get the following errors:

Error updating plugin.

JInstaller: :Install: File does not exist /home/[user]/public_html/tmp/install_59025aba61707/layouts
Plugin Update: Could not copy files from the source.

EDIT: I am running Joomla 3.7, the version of Fabrik List: link I'm trying to upgrade from is 3.5.2, the version I'm trying to update TO is 3.6. All the other plugins updated without any issue.

It should work now, I fixed an issue in the install XML for that plugin. It's a new plugin I wrote a month or so ago, and I'd never actually installed it, just did a "discover" on existing code, so hadn't noticed the problem with the XML.

-- hugh

Great, works now, thank you! I did still receive an error, but unfortunately I didn't think to copy it before refreshing. It was an error in trying to delete a file that didn't exist, I'd assume during cleanup after install. Wish I'd copied it to give you a clear path to what it was. Either way, I appreciate the quick fix!

It's OK, I know about that error message. Nothing I can do about it, but it doesn't break anything. It's just informative, saying it can't delete a folder it thinks should have been there, based on the previous (broken) XML.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back