Can't install pkg_fabrik_3.3.4.zip in 3.4.6 version

Barcellos

Ana Barcellos
- Joomla updated from 3.4.5 to 3.4.6 yesterday.
- Fabrik old version was uninstalled today (due to tests in development server)
- I tried to install pkg_fabrik_3.3.4.zip and I have this error:

Warning
Copy file failed

Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: plg_fabrik_system_3.3.4.zip

Error
Error installing package

- Pkg_fabrik_3.3.2.zip was installed without problems.

Not sure what happened. :( - just reporting the issue.

Just checking: When I update from github I get the same updates of Fabrik 3.3.4 ?

I don't think it's related to J!3.4.6
I have no problem to install it on my test site.
But the file is pretty large, maybe you are hitting some server restrictions. Did you try to" install from folder"?

If you have a running Fabrik3.3.2 installation you can do a Joomla update or you can update from GitHub (this will give you the latest code).

Thanks, Troaster. No, I just tried to install by the package file.
In general, when I have issues related to the file size I have white page on backend and Apache error on logs. Nothing like this happened this time.

My site is ok because I installed Fabrik 3.3.2 and updated from Github. :)

Do you think that it could have happened because I uninstalled Fabrik and installed again? I uninstalled first from backend (Manage Extensions), then I still had to delete the tables on database, then I still had to remove the folder com_fabrik and fabrik build in the server. After that, I gave a "grep Fabrik" on server and I still had some files there, as you can see in attachment. Not sure if the problem in installation was related to that.

But as I said before my issue was solved. I'm just reporting to let you know if something similar happens to anyone else. Thank you.

Attachments

• fabrik files on server after uninstalling.txt
    72.5 KB · Views: 138
Yeah, we're working on that. I found out tonight why the system plugin doesn't uninstall when uninstalling the "Fabrik Package" (the package installer that install the component, and the core plugins) and I'm adding some code to the component uninstall (as opposed to the package uninstall) which will disable the system plugin.

Basically we had some confusion over what happens when uninstalling the "package" vs just uninstalling the component.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back