Can't style CSS for anchors (hyperlinks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drjonscot

Using Fabrik 1.06 SVN 1002

I have a table element that links to detail view on one of my tables. This table is displayed using a modified version of the "bluesky" table view.

I have tried overriding the "a" element CSS in the group CSS settings using:
a:color #75ac15;
a:link #75ac15;
and
a:#75ac15;

as well adding the declarations:
a:link {color: #75ac15;}
a:visited {color: #75ac15;}
a:hover {color: #75ac15;}
a:active {color: #75ac15;}
to the appropriate template.css file

I've even attempted to target the nested element through the template.css file via:
table tbody tr td a { color: #75a1c5; }

But all to no avail!

Is there another CSS file or hack that anyone knows of that I should be editing in order to facilitate this styling change?

Or is there a specific line of code that I can edit in one of the fabrik.class or fabrik.html files that creates the "links to detailed view" hyperlink, and add a .class selector to the element or even base styling?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, for some reason that didn't work either :(

Not that I'm much of a CSS guru...but I've had much less luck with CSS on this particular project than I have had with others in the past....

Any thoughts on classes/functions I might customize to change the anchor styling? Not that I'm particularly interested in lousing up the great code that you've written, but 2 of the three other people I'm working with on this project are considerably more technically illiterate than I am and can't seem to find the links unless they stand out significantly from the background for them.

I think the problem that I'm having - just fishing here - is that the anchor tag is applied to the data element before it is sent to populate the table....the code is written into the data elements after the CSS has been called for the main data constructor table, and the anchor element isn't inheriting it's parent CSS values...(if that makes any sense)...

All the other customised table code that I've added in the CSS works great...the only sticky wicket as far as the CSS is concerned is the anchor tag...

Thanks again, Hugh...and lemmie know if anything strikes ya!

Scot

Strange, because I tested that change before I posted it, works fine on my machine.

Have you checked the CSS inheritance tree in something like FireBug, make sure nothing else is overriding your styling?

Or point me at your page and I'll take a look.

-- hugh

Hugh,

Thanks for taking the time! The table page is http://therealtyinsider.com/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,46/

if you want to run an active search on the table you can access the search form through
http://therealtyinsider.com/component/option,com_fabrik/Itemid,49/

and enter a zip code such as 53217 to run the search....

I've checked the CSS through FireBug and Web Developer 1.1.6....and I think I'm just beating my head against the wall.

And ideally the style that I'm striving for is just:
a {
color: #a8d4f8; font-weight:bold; text-align: right;
}

but I can't seem to get it to inherit

Scot

The problem is that your Joomla style (rt_dimensions) is over-riding it, because the rt_dimensions/css/style2.css is being included AFTER the Fabrik styles in your header.

You may need to re-organize your style's template HTML, and re-order what comes where. Like move the mosShowHead() after the template specific CSS includes.

FYI, it took about 3 seconds (literally) to spot the problem using FireFox with FireBug. Strongly suggest you use FireBug is you are doing any kind of development / styling work.

-- hugh

Hugh!

Thanks! I think the problem I'm having with FireBug is that I don't have DOM Inspector installed with this version of fireworks and haven't had time to reinstall it....

Thanks....now that I see that you can have considerably more functionality with FireBug, I'll have to take the time to do what I need to do to get it to run properly!

Thanks for letting me kinda waste your time!!!!!

I'll definitely make changes in the MosHead!!!

Scot

Regular FireFox with FireBug installed is an absolute godsend for any kind of client side work. I'd be totally lost without it.

There were some issues with FireBug in FF3, but those have been reolved, and it works like a champ.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back