Cascading Dropdown based on Calc Element?

dough

When a user sets up his login, they set their country which is saved in a table.
On another form, I want to show the country of the user and then use this for a cascading dropdown down of states.
I have the country showing OK as a calc element looked up by php from the user table. Is displayed OK.

However when I set this element as the watch field for a cascading dropdown to show the states/provinces, the form doesn't load. Just a blank screen. Changing the cascading dropdown to watch an element where I manually enter the country works fine.

Is it possible to use a calc element as the watch for a cascading dropdown?

Hmmm, looks like the answer is No for the moment. It's hitting an endless recursion, where the calc element is trying to get the label for the CDD, which tries to build the query for the CDD, which needs the value of the calc, which tries to get the label of the CDD, which needs the value of the calc ...

I'm having a look at somehow caching the values somewhere in the cycle, but no luck yet.

-- hugh

Thanks. I guess that makes some sense. Any ideas on a workaround? A way to make the cascading or regular dropdown use the value as part of a select statement?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back