Cascading dropdown without database join

Hi,

I was wondering if there is any possibility to have CDD (cascading dropdown element) without using database join. Database join is really slowing my form to an extent that sometimes the page having the form doesn't even open.

There is only one database join, and I have about 20000 records in there, with 500 records getting added everyday from 40-50 users from different locations. Actually, there is one database join, one CDD and one repeat group and say around 10 normal elements.

Really, need help on this one.

At many places, its being suggested to change optimize sql by turning it into InnoDB and all. As it is live site, I need to be sure that what I am doing is right and make my application run smoothly before I make any changes.

Regards

Well, the CDD needs to point at something as the "watched" element. I think it can be anything that has a numeric value that the CDD can use as the foreign key to look up the other table with.

My question would be is how do you know what value it is that needs to be used as the FK? The assumption is something like a "state / city" combination, the state is the join, then you change it, the CDD uses the state's value as the FK to look up cities in that state.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back