Cascadingdropdown Readonly

allanb

Hi All
I have a cascadingdropdown to fetch names from another table. I then have two more cascadingdropdowns rendered as Autofill to display the email and mobile number of the selected name in the first cascadingdropdown.
All works well.

I need the two cascadingdrowndowns used to display the email and mobile number to be readonly so that the user cannot edit the details displayed. Cannot find how to do this.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

Hi Troester. Yes I did but that hides it completely? Unless I am doing it wrong?
I want is shown but view only

I have look at the above but I only seem to have the option to select who can see the editable version on Form Add or Form Edit. There is no option to select viewable only. See attached screenshots please.

Attachments

• Form Add.jpg
    Form Add.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Form Edit.jpg
    Form Edit.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 41
Set add and edit to something not public (depending on your J! access levels, e.g. Special or Nobody or superadmin... )

Set add and edit to something not public (depending on your J! access levels, e.g. Special or Nobody or superadmin... )
If I change the add and edit level to anything else where the logged in user is not a member off, it completely hides the info. I need the info displayed but not editable. Please see attached screenshot for element "From Agent - Cell"

Attachments

• Form Add Access Special.jpg
    Form Add Access Special.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 39
As far as I understand, the CCDs shall be displayed in the form but not be editable (= "readonly"), only there's no such setting for CCDs.
Well, then set access for add and edit of the CCDs to ACL "no one" (= ACL with no usergroup assigned) or whatever other special ACL may be allowed to edit, and use add'l calc element(s) instead only in the form to simply display the stored values to the rest of the world.
Or did I get something wrong?
Thanks for the reply. Not sure that one can use the calc element to autofill based on the value of another element?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back