checkbox-element and validating

susannanam

hi all,

i have created a checkbox element with the following values:
checkbox1.JPG
additionally, i have added some javascript checks:
checkbox2.JPG

up to here, everything was working perfectly!

i do not want to define a default value but i must make sure, that at least one of the values is checked. so i added validations as followed:
checkbox3.JPG

and now all of a sudden, i cannot click on any checkbox. whenever i click on a checkbox, it shows "validating" and the box remains empty (but only visibly, the value seem to be recorded as i can then move on).

please tell me what i did wrong as i really need the validations to work, i will even have to extend it and make sure, that some combinations are not possible (with php, i assume).

thanks for any help
susanne

I can't duplicate this, so I need to see it happening on your server. I logged in, and think I tracked down the element ('school_type'), but I can display that form, I just get a 504 gateway timeout.

-- hugh

validation.JPG Hi Hugh, maybe it was a shortterm problem with the hosting provider, there is no problem accessing the page now, i just tried. yes it is the baseline checklist, the very first page.

funny thing, you start with region, then the cascading dropdown circuit and finally the school (also a cascading dropdown). nevertheless region and circuit are filled in, they still show as if they are empty and does not allow you to move to the next page.

thanks
susanne

As I can't replicate it here, I may have to put some debug code in, so need to schedule a time when you can close the site. Or clone it with Akeeba so I can work on that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

you can do it any time Hugh, i am still busy developing the page and it is pretty urgent. just go on please. thank you :)

Sorry, thought I'd replied. I'm trying to figure out here where the problem might be, so I know where to put start putting some debug code. I'll get on your system when I have a clue.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just went to try and work on your server, but when I try and turn JS debugging on (so I can get the uncompressed JS), I get:

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

-- hugh

I just went to try and work on your server, but when I try and turn JS debugging on (so I can get the uncompressed JS), I get:

Forbidden

-- hugh
oh my Hugh...what can that be? you are in as superuser and i did not put any restrictions on...

I think the problem is already on your first page of the form, I getDo you have a shorcut in your CDDs (something like each watching each)?

that is all weird troester and Hugh, i have no error at all when i open the doc and work with it, the only problem i have is with the validation :( and troester, please mail me in private if you make the url visible, thanks.

OK, I'm still getting that error trying to set JS debug. Can you try? In Fabrik global options (button top right of back end pages), under Debugging tab, set "Allow debugging" to JS, and try and save.

-- hugh

Yup, same for me: trying to save Fabrik Options (also without any change) is throwing
Forbidden

additionally as mentioned in our conversation
Trying to do a "View data" on the form Baseline Checklist in the backend I get,
504 Gateway Time-out ngix

OK, I'm still getting that error trying to set JS debug. Can you try? In Fabrik global options (button top right of back end pages), under Debugging tab, set "Allow debugging" to JS, and try and save.

-- hugh

I also cannot save it. but i can access the files directly with filezilla, please tell me what file and where i shall change, will then do it immediately :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back