Checkbox element - how to make no checkboxes until user adds them

Hi Hugh.
The front end user I noted in the mySites notes has the correct Typical PM privilege that simulates the issue. The home page ?Material Shelf? is the page to be on and pick any record and hit submit. Then you?ll see the error page. This is a cloned backup using Akeeba backup. Feel free to tear it up. I believe my previous thread explains it fairly well; but I could break it down in greater detail if u wish. How much are we talking about, Hugh? How about I subscribe to Fabrik Pro?
Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes about 45 minutes to download, install and set up a PHP Storm project on an Akeeba archive, plus whatever time it takes to debug. So usually a minimum of an hour. A Pro sub would certainly help offset that.

BTW, any particular reason you are running PHP 5.4, which was end-of-lifed about 3.5 years ago, no longer receives even security updates, and is waaaaay slow? It won't be the cause of this issue, but running 7.1 would definitely pep things up a bit, and be less prone to security issues.

-- hugh

OK ... I installed the site here (from a backup that was already in there from the 23rd) ... initially it blew up because this line:

Code:
use Zend\Form\Annotation\Object;

... has been inserted as the first line in ...

plugins/system/fabrikcron/fabrikcron.php

Any idea where that came from?

Also ... that mod_vertical_menu module was throwing errors ... it's ... well, I really suggest you find something else to do that job!

Anyway, I got the site going here, I'll start debugging the form issue tomorrow.

-- hugh

I haven?t noticed those issues before. Thanks Hugh. I appreciate you diving in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Hugh.
I've updated mySite with the latest PHP, Joomla 3.8.10 & Fabrik (github). The updates seem to have resolved the error on form edit submit; but now my checkbox DBjoin add popup goe sto full screen added check boxes don't save. or close the full screen popup. Also, the previously added check boxes aren't hidden anymore during the form add of a new material shelf item. Any suggestions? Or, could you take another look?
Thanks in advance.

Hey Hugh. Good news. I figured out my issue was a plugin called JCH Optimization. When I disabled it the plugin everything worked.
Now I just wish I could make the element hide faster when adding a new record (I hide it during form add because all of the unrelated sub checkboxes are shown). When the form 1st appears you see a whole bunch of the checkboxes from testing and then they hide. Any suggestions for that?
Thanks in advance.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back