Clicking on a Tag shows "No record"

ontarget

Hi
I have created a School and Staff project - schools enter their staff data (name, subject etc)
Schools create an acccount (login) then enter their data.
There is a "Staff" list which shows all entries from all schools and a copied "MyStaff" List which has a prefilter to only show records entered by the logged in user {$my->id}

I have setup a Tag Element Plugin for my subjects with the aim to view all staff members who are for example "Mathematics" Teachers .
The frontend data entry a viewing in the list is fine.
However when I click on the tag e.g "Mathematics" The resultant list is "No records" even though there are several staff tagged with "Mathematics".
I appreciate any assistance in resolving this!

Hi I am still having the problem of the tags not filtering when clicked on - they are showing ok in the list
aaaStaff.png

Then when I click on the Mathematics Tag this is the result:
aaaStfffilter.png

The tables I have setup to handle the lists are
sch_profiles
sch_staff

The sch_profile table handles the user registration and the sch_staff handles the details of each staff member.
There are copied lists called MySchooProfile and MyStaff these share the same tables
sch_profiles
sch_staff

I noticed in php myadmin a new table has been created - did the tag element plugin create this table?
sch_staff_repeat_staffSubjects
The staffSubject column contains the ids of the tags from the Joomla XXX_tags table but the id and parent_id don't seem to refer to any of my entries in the sch_staff table

fabrikdb.png

In my sch_staff table the column staffSubjects (which should be handling the subjects entered with the tag element field) the value is NULL.
How can I get the tags to filter?
Thanks

Hi,
Kindly requesting Fabrik support have had a look at this at it seems to be a bug? - it says 3 day response for the standard ?20 payment.
Let me know if you require further details my site access details have been added.
Thanks

To test there is nothing messed up with my project I have done a clean Fabrik 3.2 install to check the tag element plugin
  • Uploaded tag element plugin "plg_fabrik_element_tags_3.2"
  • Added 3 Tags to my Joomla Tags component in the backend "English" ,"French" "Maths"
  • Made a new Fabrik list with 3 Elements only "id" date_time" and "subject_tag"
  • Added a few entries into my list with a mix of "subject tags"
  • Viewed the Data of the List - The Subject Tags are showing in the List output
  • I click on a Tag e.g. "Maths" and again the Filtering is not working - the output is No Records
This must be a bug? Can anyone else confirm if Tag element plugin is working?
Thanks

My apologies for the slow response, as you may have read in the Notices at the top of the forum, we've had some "staffing issues" i.e. I've been having some serious spine surgery, and a difficult recovery, and we're behind on support. I know this doesn't excuse not providing the support you've paid for ... but it is what it is, and we're doing our best. And technically, you posted at 5:10am Monday my time, and it's now 10:40pm Wed, so I'm still within the 3 day ETA. ;)

I'll set up another test of the tag element on my test server now, and get back to you ASAP. I know we had some issues we were working on not so long ago (losing new tag entries on validation failures), and it's possibe our "fix" for that may have broken the filtering.

-- hugh

Thanks for the reply.
Sorry to hear of your health issues and I hope you're recovering from Surgery.
Best wishes

Not having much luck with the filtering issue as yet. Got kind of side tracked in to some other issues with the tag element, and the way it builds the clickable links.

-- hugh

Thanks for the update Hugh. I look forward to a solution as its a very elegant way of filtering.

Notes to self from Skype convo with Rob ...

[7:07:49 AM] Hugh Messenger: I think I see what's happening - which is that the buildQueryWhere() in the tag eement is assuming it's being called in a form context (to build the tag list for that form) ... so it doesn't work when being called in a list getFilterArray() context, as there's no 'rowid'.

[7:09:53 AM] Hugh Messenger: I *think* if I coud work out which context it's being called in, and if ist congtext, just call the parent::buildQueryWhere(), and skip all the form related stuff ... but not sure how to establish which context it's being called in.'

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back