col_update list plugin does not allow radiobutton updates

p38

Hi All,

Would anyone know why the col_update list plugin does not show the radiobutton element in the front end as an option to update.

I can add the element under the user selection in admin, but when presented to the user in the front end, the radiobutton element is missing from the list.

Hi Troester, yes, published, and showing in list as well as form.

I pulled from Git about a week ago, so I am guessing your version is about the same age, so if you confirm it works fine for you, I will have to debug.

If your version is older, perhaps you can tell me what date, and I will restore a version I have around that time to see if it is caused by an issue on latest update.

Thanks for replying,

Paul

My version was about 2 weeks old but just updated and it's still working.

Update_col is somehow using the filter settings.
So is your radio a filter element with maybe access restrictions?

Reactions: p38
aha, good point will check it out.......thanks.

On this topic, do you know if there is any way to force the update values to pull from the actual dropdownlist/dbjoin picklist (all values presented), rather than pulling a distinct from the actual data. Customers get confused about the concept of having to add a least 1 item of the value to be updated in the actual data list before it is available.

I know you can set the filter list to "Show All" which I understand it to solve this problem, but it has never worked for me?

Paul

Further to this, Troester, your tip let me look elsewhere.

I discovered that the radiobutton was disabled for ADD access, but enabled for EDIT access. It seems the update_col adheres to the ADD access rights, but in actual fact it should adhere to the EDIT access rights.

Not sure why it is designed this way, but logically speaking, you can never update data on data that has not been added yet? It is always an EDIT action

Yes, I think you have to set the filter to "show all" to get the complete dropdown in update_col.

It's similar in a field element: if it's a filter and set to dropdown the update_col is showing a dropdown, no field to put some new text in.
Hugh's explanation was that update_col userselect is using advanced search stuff and that this is hard to modify.
So you may have to decide: element as filter or used in update_col.

Reactions: p38
Thanks Troester, for the explanation.

Based on this, I can make a plan to get around this, (eg make a calc field that duplicates the data, and use that for the filter).

regards

Paul

Yup, update_col's "user select" stuff piggybacks on the advanced search code, which means there are some non-intuitive behaviors. That's just a trade off, against spending a month or two writing a separate UI for it.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back