connection failed

enzo2016

Hi, my website had a database password until yesterday and it was working ok. Now my database password changed so my website stopped working. I updated the password into the Connection menu, but it fails the connection.
I am sure the password typed is correct. I have tried (in order to solve) also to create a new connection, but it storage a very long password that it is surely not mine even though I have saved the correct one.

Thanks,
Enzo

When you write "to update the Joomla password", do you mean the Joomla user who is doing the test connection must be the same of the ftp user shown into the configuration.php?
Where can I update the Joomla password?

I'm not sure what he means either.

but it storage a very long password that it is surely not mine even though I have saved the correct one

We encrypt the password when saving a new connection. The only time the stored password is unencrypted in the #__fabrik_connections table is when you first install Fabrik, and we populate the default 'site database' connection with your J! site details.

To make sure you are using the right password, I would suggest looking at your ./configuration.php file, copy it from there, and paste it into the password fields in the Fabrik connection settings.

-- hugh

I meant that the password typed is about 8 characters and after saving it, opening the connection again, the password saved was about 16 characters (encrypted).

Now I have copied and pasted the password and the connection test was successful. I am sure previously to have typed correctly my password because I typed it many times, but it seems that Fabrik "prefers" the copy and paste.
Many many thanks Hugh.

I meant that the password typed is about 8 characters and after saving it, opening the connection again, the password saved was about 16 characters (encrypted).

Yup, that's normal.

Now I have copied and pasted the password and the connection test was successful. I am sure previously to have typed correctly my password because I typed it many times, but it seems that Fabrik "prefers" the copy and paste.

Nope, you were typing it wrong. Doesn't make any difference to Fabrik whether you type or paste. Forms can't tell the difference - pasted text is identical in every way to a human typing it. The only difference is, if you copy and paste ... you can't type it wrong. ;)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back