connections to other database

Hi
using fabrik, I want to establish a connection to a different database than the main one (joomla), a database that is in different server inside my LAN. I insert the parameters like host, user, password, but there isn't connection.
First of all: is it possible to establish a connection to a database in a different server than where I have joomla? Second: I tried to connect to a different database but in localhost. If I put the IP number of server the connection doesn't work but with localhost everything works well. What does it mean?
An advice?
Thanks

You can connect to a different database in Fabrik. The problem you have described sounds like your database server does not allow the user to connect from an external host. Try to connect to your database using mysql workbench or any other client using the ip address from a different machine. I suspect you will not be able to. Google "How to allow remote connection to mysql"

Yes, you can connect to external databases. But as @pundip says, it sounds like the other server isn't allowing connections from your host. By default, servers do not allow MySQL connections from other hosts, you have to configure them to allow access for each specific combination of IP address and database username.

How to do that is outside the scope of Fabrik support, but again, as per the previous response, Google is very helpful. Although if you are not the amdinistrator of the other server, it won't be something you can do, you'll have to talk to the server admin.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back