Copy list periodicaly

West-Point

Another question:
I got a list of events imported from RsEventspro and I want to add some data to these events, but I do not want this to happen in the original table / list.

What I would like is:
- To be able to update my 'clone list' every x hours (since the original table gets updated)
- Or give the events in the original list a status so they can be moved. The status would be a checkmark af the event in order to create a job from it which will be displayed in a separate list. Jobs will be like: make photos, write interview, write newsarticle etc.)

You'd have to use the PHP scheduled task plugin, and write the table handling code to do the actual "upserting" from the source table.

I'm assuming you can't just drop your copy and recreate it, as you want additional rows in your copy. So the best way would be to have an additional column in your Fabrik copy, which is an FK (foreign key), in which your store the PK of the row in the original table when you copy those rows. Then you can use that as the basis for syncronizing, so you update rows in your copy which have a non-empty FK, and insert rows where you don't already have a match.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back