Create menu items dynamically from Fabrik list

bigste

Hi there! I'm sorta new to Joomla and Fabrik. Is there a way to create Joomla menu items dynamically from a Fabrik list? In my example, I'm creating a site for a basketball team. I have a menu named "Seasons" and I want to create menu items for each "Season Name" in my Fabrik list named "team_seasons" and have them link to the corresponding detail view. I realize I can do all of this manually, but I'm hoping there's a way to automate it, particularly as we add additional seasons. Thanks for any and all help!

Nope, not built in.

It would be possible to write some custom PHP in a form plugin to insert rows into the J! #__menu table, using the JTableNested API. Here's a Stack Exchange article which provides some example code:

https://joomla.stackexchange.com/questions/5104/programmatically-add-menu-item-in-component

It's not a complete solution, obviously it would require some additional code to grab the title / alias from the form, and you'd be adding a component link, so you'd have to create the appropriate URL to your view using the rowid, etc.

But it's do-able. We could write it for you as a custom job.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back