Critical Bug: - Date issue with 3.0.5-5-g33cd554

Installed 3.0.5-5-g33cd554 and I'm pretty sure that only since then there is a date issue. I also have this problem with the production release 3.0.5.1

I have 2 date elements which I've not changed.
The dates save as the day before and every time I edit a record (without changing the dates) the dates get a day earlier each time.

I'm on Australian eastern standard time: GMT+10

Help

I don't seem to be able to replicate this, although my TZ is GMT-6.

Can you try grabbing the latest github? i've been fixing a couple of little date issues today, maybe I stumbled on a fix by accident.

Also, can you post a screenshot of the date element settings?

-- hugh

Just updated to the latest GitHub version. Problem still exists.
Hugh, are you testing as an element in a repeatable group? (I don't know that this makes a difference, but will test it)

I've just set up a new date element on a repeatable group and form for testing. I accepted all the defaults for the date element setup, no validations, no scripts, and was able to replicate the issue. Each time I save the record, the date goes back one day :-(

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 139
I can replicate it but checking out the code from the 2nd April (2012) I still see the issue, can you confirm which sha commit number you used which was working?

That would be really helpful cos I've spent several hours looking at the code and I don't see why an element in a joined group renders differently to one in the main table

I think I've fixed this in github, although like Rob I'm confused as to how the github of Apr 2nd would have worked.

Let me know.

-- hugh

Rob, I no longer have the zip file I installed from. Is there another way of identifying the sha? My apologies if I have misled you on the date, that was the date I had on the zip file I prepared for installing. And I am many hours ahead of you I guess too.

I'll test the latest and let you know.

Hmm, on my test site I'm now having a problem where new repeatable records are not saving. I'm still investigating.
Would the mail function failing (because of my setup) stop these records from being saved?

OK, yes, i can replicate, and I think i know where the issue is. Just need to work out how fix it, *sigh*.

-- hugh

This is now looking good.
However (sorry) the email template I'm using after submission includes a raw date element. That date is showing 1 day earlier with this version.

What kind of email template? PHP, HTML or J! article?

If it's PHP, you may have to do the TZ conversion yourself.

-- hugh

PHP... yes I'm happy to do the conversion, its more a matter of it changing with this version and not knowing what the correct behaviour is.
Maybe I'll do the conversion for now anyway, and if you change the behaviour, I presume you will update this thread?
Thanks guys :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back