Cron email returning incomplete records

jsnider

Hi - I am on an old install of Fabrik / Joomla. I have had this issue for years and posted on the forum a few years ago, but never got any responses or resolution. I have cron email jobs set up. They work beautifully when I run them manually. When the scheduler runs them, it sends the email, but it doesn't contain all of the proper records. There might be 12 when I run it manually, and then the scheduler for the same cron job sends an email with only 7 in it??

Hi All - Quick follow up to my own post. I think this is happening because when it is run manually, there is no limit on the time the script can run...it seems to take about 5 or 10 seconds to scroll through and find the records. When run automated, I am guessing the server or somewhere is just cranking through and cutting off the script before it has had a chance to complete and find everything. Does anybody have any thoughts or know of any way to tell the script to execute fully or something?? Thank you!

May be not a time limit but an access issue.
Manually it's run with your backend user access.
As cron it's run "public" so if you have a prefilter applied to public...

And yes, Fabrik3.0/Joomla2.5 is very outdated.

Wow, that is something I had not even considered. Yes, my db is limited to viewability etc. to just registered users. That could explain why now my auto cron job emails are just showing up totally blank with only the Fabrik Pre-amble in there. Is there any way around that?? To tell Cron use a different authorization level or something??

Follow up - I don't think this is a user issue. I am playing around with a table that has access to everyone in the access definitions, and has no prefilters for users or anything.

I am desperate for this feature. I have been trying for years on and off to get this to work properly. I would gladly pay someone to get this functional....

Last edited:
if you want to find me on Skype (cheesegrits, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com) we can discuss it. I'd have to do it on an hourly rate, as we simply don't support that 3.0 on 2.5 any more.

-- hugh

We figured it out. Yup, it was 'rows per page' (we never fixed that in 3.0 ... in 3.1+ we correctly turn off pagination). But the table has thousands of rows, so we set up a copy, but the filtering he needed on that as pre-filters (instead of in the condition in the cron plugin), and used that for the cron.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back