CSV export issues

robynlingen

Greetings,

I have just signed on to Silver Support. I have built a plant database using Fabrik and I am nearing completion of the project; however, I am having several issues with CSV export that I can't seem to resolve on my own.

1. When I download the CSV file, the file has two suffixes: both .csv and .xls. So the file looks like this: tblPlants-export.csv.xls

When I open this file in either Excel or Apple's Numbers, all data is loaded into one column and is loaded with tags, quote marks. However, if I remove the .xls suffix so that the file is just a csv file (tblPlants-export.csv), it opens just fine. If I remove the CSV suffix and try to open it with just the xls suffix, I get the aforementioned result. Why does the file download with two suffixes? Shouldn't it just be CSV?

2. I have built a search page, and when I perform a search from this search page, and then click to download a CSV of my filtered list, the file downloads as above. However, if I use the two filters that are above my plant list, and then request the CSV, the CSV doesn't work at all. Instead, I am redirected to a blank page with the following string: {"total":"1376","count":200,"file":"\/home\/permacu2\/public_html\/tmp\/tblPlants-export.csv","limitStart":"100","limitLength":"100"}

3. If I try to download my entire plant list or 1400 plants, I get the following error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/permacu2/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 8656

4. Finally, I notice that a CSV file is not created in my tmp folder. This was not the case two months ago when I had version 3.0.5 installed. After upgrading to 3.0.6, I began having these problems, and then, yesterday, I uploaded fabrik-3.0.6.3-375-g5535439 which seems to have exacerbated my problems.

To see the website -- go to http://permacultureplantdata.com/

I have the plant list under a registered group. I can either make the list public, or I can provide a login.

Thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate it.

Checking on this.

With the memory size, probably the only only solution is to bump your memory_limit up in your php.ini, to something like 128MB. Exporting to CSV takes a lot of processing and memory. Or you could try reducing the "Export step", under the CSV settings in the Publishing tab for the List.

-- hugh

Oh, and yes, can you provide a login. Either Skype me with it (cheesegrits, include a note telling me your Fabrik username when you send me a contact request, and a URL to this thread). Or PM me, and include a link to this thread.

Bump this thread when you have sent the login.

-- hugh

My PHP.ini file is already at 128MB. The thing is, the complete list of 1400 plants used to download just fine prior to version 3.0.6x of Fabrik. So, for me, something has gone awry from version 3.0.5x to 3.0.6x

4. Finally, I notice that a CSV file is not created in my tmp folder. This was not the case two months ago when I had version 3.0.5 installed. After upgrading to 3.0.6, I began having these problems, and then, yesterday, I uploaded fabrik-3.0.6.3-375-g5535439 which seems to have exacerbated my problems.
I can answer that one I think, once the file is downloaded it is removed from the tmp folder.

OK, that would make sense. I have few old CSV files in the tmp folder from my October install of 3.0.5. I must never have clicked the download link after the CSV was created.

Any thoughts on the double suffix, .csv.xls ? It seems if I can get the file to download with one suffix, I could keep my now impatient client at bay.

Thanks again for your attention!

My PHP.ini file is already at 128MB. The thing is, the complete list of 1400 plants used to download just fine prior to version 3.0.6x of Fabrik. So, for me, something has gone awry from version 3.0.5x to 3.0.6x

If the errors says "100663296 bytes exhausted" it means your PHP memory_limit is set to 96M, not 128M.

Looking at the double extension thing now.

-- hugh

Can you post a screenshot of your CSV settings from the Publishing tab on the List settings?

I can't replicate that double extensions thing, and looking at the code, there is nowhere I can see that would add that double extension, so I'm kinda confused at this point.

So post those settings, so I can make 100% sure I have the same setup as you.

-- hugh

Screen shots of CSV settings

Thank you so much for getting back to me. Attached are screen shots of my settings.

Note: I have tried both CSV and Excel CSV with no change. I also have elements selected, and have tried outputting the list with no elements selected.

I did systematically turn on/off each setting to test before posting here.

I sent you login information for this website. I back up daily so I'm not worried about you working with the site.

This was working until I updated to 3.0.6, and then uploaded 3.0.6.3-375-g5535439 files via ftp. I also tried reinstalling, which blew away my data. So had to import my backed up database. As it is now, this site is running 3.0.6.3-375-g5535439 version.

Thanks again!

Attachments

• CSVsettings.png
    CSVsettings.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 367
  • CSVelements.png
    CSVelements.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 359
I have just created a new installation of Joomla 2.5.8, new database and a new installation of Fabrik pkg_fabrik_3.0.6.3. I made a list of my 1400 plants.

The good news is that all 1400 plants download in a CSV. So my memory limits are OK on my server.

The bad news is that the CSV file still comes down with double suffix like this: tblPlantsB-NEW.csv.xls

Additionally, when I filter the list using filters at the top of the list, the CSV fails and I get a blank page with this line of code.

{"total":"1376","count":200,"file":"\/home\/permacu2\/public_html\/NEW\/tmp\/tblPlantsB-export.csv","limitStart":"100","limitLength":"100"}

However, if I create a search form, then the filtered list downloads with the double suffixes.

I am unable to make CSV in version 3.0.6.3 work at all.

I am getting very, very desperate. I stand to lose this client altogether just because I can't make Fabrik download a CSV! Any help is greatly appreciated. Any freelancers who could offer help is also greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Is there a process for hiring you to resolve this issue?

I've paid my Silver Support, which I think is supposed to include 2 hours of server time. I'm wondering if additional time can be purchased to have you actually work with my files.

Thanks again

Can you PM me a super admin log in and a ftp account and as part of the two hour support I will take a look at it as a matter of urgency.

Best to reply back here when you have done that as I monitor this forum more than my private messages.

Cheers
Rob

Apologies for being slow on this one, I've been eaten up moving house. I'm all moved now, and back at it full time.

If you want to send me the login details as well, either PM or find me on Skype (cheesegrits), I'll take a look as well, if I get to it before Rob.

-- hugh

1. When I download the CSV file, the file has two suffixes: both .csv and .xls. So the file looks like this: tblPlants-export.csv.xls
I don't see this now (although perhaps my updates on the site fixed this)

When I open this file in either Excel or Apple's Numbers, all data is loaded into one column and is loaded with tags, quote marks. However, if I remove the .xls suffix so that the file is just a csv file (tblPlants-export.csv), it opens just fine. If I remove the CSV suffix and try to open it with just the xls suffix, I get the aforementioned result. Why does the file download with two suffixes? Shouldn't it just be CSV?

This is due to NULL characters being included in the file (they shouldnt be NULL but a string)

I can't use the admin login you PM'd me, could you re-check that and send them again please, so I can see what the element settings are for the elements which are exporting data as NULL.

2. I have built a search page, and when I perform a search from this search page, and then click to download a CSV of my filtered list, the file downloads as above. However, if I use the two filters that are above my plant list, and then request the CSV, the CSV doesn't work at all. Instead, I am redirected to a blank page with the following string: {"total":"1376","count":200,"file":"\/home\/permacu2\/public_html\/tmp\/tblPlants-export.csv","limitStart":"100","limitLength":"100" }
I don't see this, I filtered on the page and then downloaded without issue, again perhaps this is due to the updates I made

3. If I try to download my entire plant list or 1400 plants, I get the following error: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 100663296 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/permacu2/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 8656

I have fixed this one on the site.

Cheers
Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back