CSV import with repeated Photo & Caption groups

lunto

Hi,

I tried to import CSV and all my records want to be saved without Photo and Caption. Fabrik only import the first row of all my records.

Exampe of my CSV:
Name, Detail, Photo, Caption
ABC, ABC_detail, <empty>, <empty>
EDF, EDF_detail, <empty>, <empty>
GHI, GHI_detail, <empty>, <empty>

After import, I will get a message like this
"7 new elements added, 8 CSV records added and 0 records updated"
I can see ONE record updated and a few repeated empty Photo + Caption are created.

Looks like the rest of the row become repeated empty group (Photo + Caption). How can I tell Fabrik to import the rest of the records?

regards

do you have a primary key set in your list? what import settings did you choose?
thx
Rob

Hi Rob,

I have set "id" as my primary key.

Import settings
Drop data = No
Overwrite = No
I have tried to use CSV and CSV (format saved from Excel)

Field delimiter = ,
Text delimiter ="

regards

I don't think the guys would have looked at this on the weekend, bearing in mind your last post was 4pm Friday. :)

Do the guys have access to your server? If not maybe you could post a small sample of your CSV file and explain your list structures.

My apologies for that then, sometimes conversations are taken offline without thread updates.

I'm sure one of the guys will pick up on this thread later. :)

CSV export - how?

Hi Guys

Newbie here. I have been tooling with Fabrik for a few days now and have managed to set up 2 lists etc with data. I cannot for the life of me work out how to CSV export data. Niether have I discovered a tute on the subject. All help gladly accepted.
running
home server wampserver 2.1
Apache 2.2.2
php 5.2.11
Mysql 5.1.53
Joomla 2.5.4
Fabrik 3.0.5.2 + latest github as of now.

Regards
Robin

Hi Rob,

Checked with Hugh 6 hrs ago and he didn't have chance to look into my CSV import issue. Would you please talk to Hugh and help me on CSV import with repeated group?

regards

Sorry, I've been having horrible server issues which have put me behind on support. I finally got my test server rebuilt over the weekend, and my test setups going again. I'll have a go at debugging this one today.

-- hugh

Hi Rob and Hugh,

If there is no fix for now, I will remove all repeated group and import data first.

regards

hi
Hugh sent me the file you are trying to import but I would need to see the table desgin you are trying to import into and the joins you are using, as the csv file doesn't seem to contain joined data.

As an interim fix if you are just importing into one list, then create a new list that is not joined and import into that.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back