Custome Dynamic Element/fields for endusers / Frontend

jmoises

Hello i just have this idea to allow user to add some extra fields to their form in the front end, do you guys think is posible, somting like have 5 diferent type of element to the user chose and add it to their form dynamicaly, (user define) any sugestion?

Thanks gurus

Not sure what you want.

It's clear what you do not want: users freely adding elements (= database tables).

Needless to say, you can offer users all sorts of form elements and, by not validating them, they can choose and use what they want.
You could perhaps deploy some JS which e.g., if one field is used, hides certain other fields, or so.

For certain element types you can also offer users to add options to the ones already available.

If none of this is what you want, I guess you'll need to be more specific.

I think that this question is similar to one from my questions:
https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.p...and-load-additional-fields.50749/#post-265225
@lousyfool your variant with show/hide elements on form based on selection not good if you have more elements for each different type, eg. more than 10-20 for each type. Loading speed on the form will be very slowly. The second problem is that if you choice type 2 and fill fields/dropdowns/checkboxes belonging to this type in db you have NULL values for another elements from another types.

@startpoint, I hear you and agree but, without knowing what's actually wanted/needed, it's probably pointless to discuss further.

Just for the record: when the OP said "5 different types of element", I was thinking of a case where, if any one of these 5 elements is being used, the other 4 are being hidden. And visible again if element #1 is set to default or emptied, etc etc.

But, yes, can be totally wrong -- depending on what the idea really is.

Thanks for the reply, when I refering to 5types I mean to like text, combo, memo, money/NUMBER, option etc and the idea is the user add unlimited elements, for example have my main list @customer with the core elements like name, address, phone number. And allow user to add extra elements if they need to. Ofcourse this have to be donde front end the user will not have Acces to joomla administration área.

... the idea is the user add unlimited elements ... And allow user to add extra elements if they need to. Ofcourse this have to be donde front end ...
As I already said, you do not want a user to be able to add elements in the frontend. Imagine "only" 1,000 users able to add "only" 5 elements each... that could result in 5,000 Fabrik elements being added. Imagine all the implications, and you should want to happily drop that idea.
Thankfully, adding elements in the frontend is not even easily possible in Fabrik.

whell you right, but maybe is not the best aprouch, to add elelements/fields to a table, maybe i can create a TEXT element, and save the custom field for each user on the user profile or something like that right? and in the TEXT element define all the info, like Leng, Type, etc.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back