Customizing the List Template

automan25

I've been studying how to customize the list template. It all seems rather tightly integrated. In other words, it's really easy to screw it up with even minor modifications. All I really want to do at this point is to select which elements show up in the list. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on modifying the list view template?

You don't need to modify the template to change which elements display. Go to the elements list (Components -> Fabrik -> Elements) and uncheck the ones you don't want in the Show In List column.

From what I understand, checking/unchecking the Show In list column affects all views of the list. What I'm trying to do is show the list in a module, displaying different elements than what are shown on the list in general. Is there a simpler way to create multiple views of the same data without creating a custom template?

There is;)
Fabrik list module has (similar to the menu Fabrik list) the option "Elements" (Advanced tab)
The elements to show in the module's list. If none selected default list options are applied
upload_2016-6-14_17-20-16.png

Yes, for module view have possibility to select elements, but for other view like in modal window have no.

You have the possibility in menus, modules and the list itself which I think will cover a good part.

If you don't want to add custom CSS and/or create a custom template you can additionally copy your list, select the element settings and use this list copy.
As always: it depends...

There is;)
Fabrik list module has (similar to the menu Fabrik list) the option "Elements" (Advanced tab)View attachment 14526

I did explore the option of using the Fabrik List Module instead of the Custom Module. It almost worked exactly as I needed it to. Here's the deal though. I have two lists with a one to many relationship. The "one" list we'll call Location, the "many" list we'll call occupants. When showing a record from the Location list I want to have a list in a module showing the occupants in that location. So far, this works fine using either the Fabrik List module with a pre-filter or using a custom module with this code ({fabrik view=list id=28 occupants___location_id=[rowid]}).

The issue is that I also want to be able to create new occupant record from this page. When using the custom module and clicking new, the new record automatically adds the location_id to the new record form, which is what I want; the problem is that I cannot figure out how to format the table to only show the elements I want. When using the Fabrik List Module I can get the table to look good, but there doesn't seem to be a way to add the location_id to the new occupant record automatically.

I figured it out. I can get what I need without resorting to a custom template. It appears from the wiki that it's possible to select which elements to display simply by typing in elements=4|6|9 where the numbers represent the id of the elements you want to display. So my code from the custom module above will now look like this:
({fabrik view=list id=28 elements=4|6|9 occupants___location_id=[rowid]}).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back