Database Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to set up a new database connection with this new company I am managing my leads in. I use Joomla 1.0.15 and have Fabrik 1.0.5. Anyhow the company said I need to modify the fabrik form html with the instructions below, to redirect it their database. I don't know where i can edit this however I would prefer to just set up the "new connection" in fabrik but can't figure out what to input in the fields: host, database, user and password fields in fabrik. Maybe someone can pick that out of this code and tell me? :) Thanks in advance!

Code:
Dear Brandon, 
Looking over your case the first thing that is required 
is that in your Head tag, you need to  add:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
In the Body, you will need to add the following Form element to your page. 
This is what handles the post, and the input variables needed to get your data into Salesforce.
<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->
<!--  NOTE: Please add the following <FORM> element to your page.             -->
<!--  ----------------------------------------------------------------------  -->
<form action="[URL]https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8[/URL]" method="POST">
<input type=hidden name="oid" value="00D80000000axj7"> <input type=hidden name="retURL" value="http://">
and lastly a submit. I looked at the submit you have and I think it should work. The default submit from our forms looks like:
<input type="submit" name="submit">

So you want to set up a database connection to the database your Salesforce tables are in?

Only you can answer that.

Is Salesforce installed on the same server as Fabrik?

-- hugh

So you want to set up a database connection to the database your Salesforce tables are in?

Only you can answer that.

Is Salesforce installed on the same server as Fabrik?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh thanks for the fast response. I am implementing a new customer management system called SalesForce. My Joomla site with Fabrik forms is on a different server (Jiffynet.net). I am trying to connect to the database server at SalesForce. They just recommended pasting parts of that coding above in my Fabrik forms to send the data to their server but i was hoping it would be easier by setting up a connection. Is it possible to set up a connection to an exxternal database?

If not I tried to go to my backend and find the html file for each of my fabrik forms but couldn't find where I would input there code to send my fabrik data to the salesforce server. Any thoughts?

salesforce is a web service so its not going to be on the same server hugh ;)
You could try writing a custom template that uses the code they provided or use their API to create a fabrik form processor plug-in that posts the data to their end point (not a trivial task!)

ok sorry that was a different language to me haha. I guess I will have to find out where to paste that code for each of my forms to send the data to the Salesforce server... Not sure where to start.

salesforce is a web service so its not going to be on the same server hugh ;)
You could try writing a custom template that uses the code they provided or use their API to create a fabrik form processor plug-in that posts the data to their end point (not a trivial task!)

Thanks Rob so that is the only way to get my data to the Salesforce Server? they keep saying all i have to do is copy part of that code and just paste in the html for each one of my forms to send the data there. My problem with that is i don't know where each of my forms html files are to add the content. Would you happen to know?

So when you submit your form, you want it to be submitted to their server, rather than yours?

Or do you still need to submit the form to Fabrik (so your form actually gets submitted into the database), and then have it re-post to their server?

If the former, I'm not entirely sure how we would go about doing that, except maybe with a form template tweak that replaces the regular Fabrik form header with your own.

If the latter (repost), you'll probably have to do this with a PHP submission script that builds a CURL call to their server.

Either way, we can't really write this for you as part of the basic support. It'd have to be a Commercial Services project.

-- hugh

So when you submit your form, you want it to be submitted to their server, rather than yours?

Or do you still need to submit the form to Fabrik (so your form actually gets submitted into the database), and then have it re-post to their server?

If the former, I'm not entirely sure how we would go about doing that, except maybe with a form template tweak that replaces the regular Fabrik form header with your own.

If the latter (repost), you'll probably have to do this with a PHP submission script that builds a CURL call to their server.

Either way, we can't really write this for you as part of the basic support. It'd have to be a Commercial Services project.

-- hugh
Hi Hugh that is exactly what I would want it to do is send to their server. In a perfect world keep saving it to my database like it has been and repost to their server would be ideal for backup purposes. If we need to do the PHP CURL thing ( i have no clue what that is haha ) how much would it be to do the template tweak to replace the form header?Thanks a million for your help and this awesome component!

Well, adding a CURL re-post isn't a template tweak, it requires writing some custom PHP to recreate the form post, and send it to the other server.

All we could do with a template tweak is to post the form to their server, such that it never touches yours, which obviously isn't what you really want.

I'm guessing it would take a couple of hours (max) to write a CURL plugin to do it. If you are interested, post a request in the Commercial Services (Fabrik Projects) forum.

-- hugh

-- hugh

Well, adding a CURL re-post isn't a template tweak, it requires writing some custom PHP to recreate the form post, and send it to the other server.

All we could do with a template tweak is to post the form to their server, such that it never touches yours, which obviously isn't what you really want.

I'm guessing it would take a couple of hours (max) to write a CURL plugin to do it. If you are interested, post a request in the Commercial Services (Fabrik Projects) forum.

-- hugh

-- hugh
Will do sir, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back