Date field not working in "Add" mode in form

mangotree

Joomla 2.5.9
Fabrik 3.0.7
Date Field plugin 3.0.7

I just upgraded all my field plugins to the latest version. Now I have a date field based on Date plugin 3.0.7 that in Form view is working perfect in 'Edit' mode but in 'Add' mode it only shows the current time and is NOT editable (ie it shows text, no input box).

It is supposed to show a date picker with a text field beside it. Like I said, that's what it does when I edit an existing record, but when creating a new record the current date is hardcoded in that field and it is not editable. This behavior is only present since the field plugin upgrade.

Thank you for your suggestions.
James
Mango Tree Media

Well, yes actually I upgraded everything that was available through auto updates (there were a lot!). I have since copied the site to a different server/domain and two weeks have passed, so its safe to say it is not a caching issue.

hey!
what access settings do you have on the element? I think we added an additional one recently, so it might be worth checking and re-saving the element even if the access settings seem correct to ensure they've been updated

-Rob

Hey Rob!

Everything is set to public, and I re-saved. No change.

I am not sure what else to do. I was thinking of removing the element and re-adding it but was worried it would remove that field from the table and I didn't want to delete the data, nor was I sure how to connect a new field back to the same database field.

Would it help for me to give you access to the system in a PM?

James

If you want to give us access, you can fill our your My Sites. You should see a link to "Fabrik Sites" in your "user info" section (to the left of all your posts).

That way, Rob and I both always have the link and login to your site(s) when we need them, without having to dig through PM's.

As per the info on the My Sites page, only you and Fabrik staff (currently just Rob and myself) will ever see those details, with the exception of the optional "showcase URL".

-- hugh

The 'Fabrik Sites' link is not available for me anymore, but I wanted to add that to reproduce the problem you will need to login using the credentials I sent you, and then on the left column after logging in click 'Area Rep Scoresheets'. This will take you to a Fabrik table with existing entries. If you click to edit any of the existing entries, the date field shows fine, but if you Add a new one, the date field is not editable. I appreciate you looking into this... they have started to breathe down my neck rather heavily.

James

i dont think all the files had been ftp'd up, I uploaded the group model file and the date picker is now showing.

That's odd, I just ran the Joomla auto-update. Anyway, adding those files has fixed the problem. Appreciate you delving into this to find the fix.

James

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back