date format in email

dkl

Hi,

I have some date elements in my form. The form data would stored in a database and send via e-mail. In the element I configured the date format as "d.m.Y". In the form and in the tableview the right format is shown, except in the sent email, there it's "Y-m-d H:i:s", like in the database stored.

Is there any way to format the date in emails too? Its really important, because the emails must be in a strict format.

I use the lates SVN (rev1041) and Joomla 1.0.15.

Best regards,
Daniel

one thing: when i disable "store in database", then the date format in the email is correct.

Best regards,
Daniel

PS: Today we've subscribed to fabrik, so this is the account, that I use from now on. I'm the same Daniel as in the last post :) ... sorry for confusing you

You can actually upgrade free accounts to subscribed ones.

I'll look into the problem for you. Bump this thread if I don't reply within a day or two.

-- hugh

no. i have no additional plugins installed.

it's a form that is stored in a database table and send via e-mail to defined recipients. when "store in database" is deactivated, it works (d.m.Y format in email). when it's activated, the date format in the sent email is "Y-m-d H:i:s" and i can't change it.

here an example with active database saving:
am 2008-10-14 00:00:00 zu beginnen und bis zum 2008-10-31 00:00:00 abzuschlie?en

What I need is:

am 14.10.2008 zu beginnen und bis zum 31.10.2008 abzuschlie?en

Best regards,
Dan

Sorry, things have been kinda crazy with Linux World and then Rob's C drive blowing up.

I'll try and get round to this tonight. Can't tell you where to look, no idea until I start looking myself. I know my way round the 1.0.x code pretty well, but I'm still learning my way around 2.0.

-- hugh

sorry, hugh ... i don't know what your meaning with those plugins. it's just a form wich is send to recipients entered in "Email Form To:" after submit.

Ack phfffbt, sorry, I was talking 2.0 for a minute there. Keep forgetting you are 1.0.6 (even tho it's right there in your sig). Yes, that's 'email to', as opposed to 'send receipt'.

Working on it now.

-- hugh

I think I've fixed this in SVN. Should now use the form date format (or table format if form format isn't defined).

-- hugh

sorry ... i've tried it with the updated file but it doesnt work. i also modified the date format strings under "case 11" in line 1864 and line 1868 of fabrik.class.php with a hardcoded "d.m.Y" but without success. if you like, you can skype me ([snip]...[/snip]) for further questions.

best regards,
daniel

As per our Skype session, I'd fixed the getTextEmail(), but you were using a template. So I fixed getTemplateEmail(), and you now have your formatted dates in the latest SVN.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back