definition of calculated element deos not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

radvla

I am having problems with calc elements in 3.0.8 and a did the correponding question in the other forum.

As an altermative possible solution i had installed joomla 3.0 and fabrick 3.1 to look for another way of solution.

This question is here deberaly , i m not doing any mistake. Ech question is being done in its corresponding forum.

After instalation of joomla 3.0 and fabrick 3.1 , i tried to define a cal element. I found that now the calculation must be defined in java not in php as in fabrik, 3.0, Y give the links so as you can see what i did.

backend url: http://localhost/trujillo-dakar1/administrator
user:admin
password: santiago250796

calculated field: peso_total

http://localhost/trujillo-dakar1/ad...tion=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=5

The problem it is i can not get the calc filed i want after editing the form.

An early replay will be highly appriciated.

I am having problems with calc elements in 3.0.8 and a did the correponding question in the other forum.

As an altermative possible solution i had installed joomla 3.0 and fabrick 3.1 to look for another way of solution.

This question is here deberaly , i m not doing any mistake. Ech question is being done in its corresponding forum.

After instalation of joomla 3.0 and fabrick 3.1 , i tried to define a cal element. I found that now the calculation must be defined in java not in php as in fabrik, 3.0, Y give the links so as you can see what i did.

backend url: http://localhost/trujillo-dakar1/administrator
user:admin
password: santiago250796

calculated field: peso_total

http://localhost/trujillo-dakar1/ad...tion=com_fabrik&view=element&layout=edit&id=5

The problem it is i can not get the calc filed i want after editing the form.

An early replay will be highly appriciated.

i enclose the pictures

Attachments

• form.jpg
    form.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 414
  • javadefinition.jpg
    javadefinition.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 403
That is not a calculated field. That is a Javascript click event which is different. And you can't use placeholders in JS - you can do something similar but it requires several lines of JS code.

Also, as a general rule you should not put userids and passwords into a forum post (which is publicly visible) if you want someone to look at your site. The good news is that your site is on your local PC (localhost) and so noone can use the userid and password you posted to get to it from the internet - the bad news is that we can't help you from the internet either.

So, you need on the Details tab to select element type calc, then select the more tab below and enter the same code you have as JS in there. Hope this helps.

S

As I told you I installed fabrik 3.1 on joomla 3.o.

After installing i realized that there were no calculation plugin in the 3.1 fabrik zip file, so i installed fabrik 3.08 calculation plugin , a lower version waiting it will be compatible with the previous one.

The installation was done without error.

After select in the details tab, the elemen type cal, this is the screen I get(i attached screenshot), there are the usual fields hidden, "width and height", but there is no "more" field where to fill the php code.

1?) Do you have any calculation plugin 3,1 , i did not find in the download area.

2?) is there any other menu in the present 3.0.8 calculation plug-in to fill the php code.

and early reply will be highly appreciated.
thank you

Attachments

• calculation screen element.jpg
    calculation screen element.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 384
As I've told you in one of your other threads: you can't mix fabrik versions!

Do one clean installation Joomla3/Fabrik3.1b + update from GitHUB joomla3 branch.
Then you can "Discover" additional plugins (in ExtensionManager).
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...s/#installing-and-enabling-additional-plugins

Exactly the same with Joomla2.5 and Fabrik3.0.8 +GitHub master branch.

I think the main problem is not in fabrik versions but in learning how to use fabrik if you want to use more than the "out of the box" features.
I would suggest to work and learn on only one version (as there are some differences between Joomla2.5/fabrik3.0 and Joomla3/fabrik3.1 which may cause additional confusion)

-i uninstalled the only 3.0 plugin that was in the 3.1 version the plugin of 3.0 cal.
-Then i did wht you say , extension manager->discover->purge cache->discover and the only extension to be updated are not fabrik extension they are rockettheme.
- So where can i find the 3.1 fabrick-element-plugin for calculation elements, this plugin is not included in the 3.1 fabrik zip.

As troester says, you do the following steps:

1. Install F3.1 from this site on J3.1.

2. Go to Github and download the latest Joomla3 zip from there and unzip it into your Joomla directory to overwrite the files from the F3.1 official install. This will copy over the files for all the plugins at the 3.1 version.

3. Go to Extension Manager and Refresh existing Fabrik extensions and Discover and Install new ones.

4. Clear your Joomla3 cache and your browser cache.

Instructions in the Installation page on the wiki.

I stop in point 2 because i do not know how to:

"go to Github..."

how can i link or acces this area

If you had read the wiki page I pointed you to, you would have seen a link to the Update from GitHub wiki page which gives full instructions. And there is a link on the right side of this very page entitled Useful Links / Fabrik on github.

S

now it appears the box more to introduce the php, but the form to get the data does not display the calculated filed.I enclose screen shot

Attachments

• php-code-on element.jpg
    php-code-on element.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 353
  • form-toget data.jpg
    form-toget data.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 330
php needs a ; at the end
placeholders need full element names {table___element}
the name the table is in already in the php sentenceit is "frutas", I added the ";"

the sentece is return '{frutas_peso}';

and the problem it is not solved , the calculated element it is not displaid.

what is happening?

and early reply will be highly appreciated

As I've said: full element name, {table___element} (3! underscores; this is the fabrik placeholder syntax)

As I've said: full element name, {table___element} (3! underscores; this is the fabrik placeholder syntax)
the table name is: "frutas"
the element name is :"peso"
the composition you tell and told {table_element} is: {frutas_peso}
the sentence i wrote is: return '{frutas_peso}'
what the input form display in the calculated field is not the value of the element , but what you can see in the screenshot i joint.
Something is wrong, what is that?

Attachments

• php-form-sentences2.jpg
    php-form-sentences2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 327
{frutas_peso} as in your screenshot is nor php nor a valid placeholder
return '{frutas___peso}';

{frutas_peso} as in your screenshot is nor php nor a valid placeholder

return '{frutas___peso}';
the screemshot it is the form to input the data of the table after defining the elements, not the definition of them.
The definition of the calculation element I did is what you say and does not work .
I joint another screenshot of the calculation element definition;

Attachments

• element definition.jpg
    element definition.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 347
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.