Status
Not open for further replies.

dgilo

My environment:
Fabrik: 3.5.1
Joomla: 3.6.2
Mysql: 5.7.15
PHP: 7.0.8

I have created an article where I have three inlined lists via the content plugin: it is the same list filtered multiple times.

The problem is that the delete buttons don't work and a message box appears: "Select some rows for deletion".

Despite selecting the rows, rows don't get deleted.

I have created an issue in Github (the system doesn't allow me to post the link but it's easy to find, it's number 1790).

Anyone can help?

I suspect that isn't really fixable. The problem being that your instances of the list will have the same "list ref", which is used to build the ID's for the various DOM elements (like checkboxes). So you have 3 sets of checkboxes with the same IDs.

I think the only way to work round that would be to actually copy your list, and apply your filters as pre-filters rather than query string filters in the plugin. Then the lists will have different list ids, and hence different list refs. and hence different DOM ids.

-- hugh

Remember that when you copy a list (in the Fabrik back end, in the Lists tab, select one and hit the Copy button), it creates a separate set of List / Form / Group(s) / Elements, which still sit on top of the same underlying database table. So it's using the same data, just lets you set up different "views" of the list. In this case, different pre-filters.

-- hugh

Thank you so much. That hint was the key. Now I understand better what a list is (it's not a table, but an interface to the table).

I unlinked the new lists from the parent list to be able to modify them and it worked like a charm.

Fabrik is just great! :)

(I'd like to mark the question as solved, but I don't know how to do it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back