Delete Icon missing after 3.5.2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudge4u

I just updated to the new version of Fabrik, and I noticed that the delete icon for the list rows are missing. Just to make sure it was not something else happening before I noticed, I restored to the version immediately before the update and applied the update again. Same thing happened - the icon was there before the update, gone after the update. The EDIT and DETAILS icons show properly.

When I go into the List>Details>Links and change the "Delete Icon" reference to "Plus", it displays the "+" icon, but when I change it back to "Delete", the icon is missing. An added note: the function of the delete button works, it is just the icon that is not displaying.

This is in the front end only - back end shows the "X" for the Delete.

Using the Alasse template by Joomlashack. Using latest Joomla 3.6.5 version.

Firebug code is attached for reference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.37.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 11.37.52 AM.png
    66.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The issue is with the icon set supported by various templates. On the back end, it's using icomoon. On the front end, it'll use whatever the site template uses, which can be many things - icomoon, glyphicon, forntawesome, etc.

You'll need to figure out which icon name your template uses for the 'delete' icon (t's usually either 'delete' or 'remove', but sometimes 'times'), and manually specify that in the icon name.

The reason it stopped working in 3.5.2 was that we finally removed the "temporary" fix we used for this issue when J! first moved to Bootstrap, which was to use an image file we provide, rather than an icon name, for all the list buttons.

-- hugh

Thank you very much, Hugh. Changing to "remove" solved it. I have less than 10 lists, so it was easy to just change the reference.

...Closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back