delete not working with tablebot

Status
Not open for further replies.

eshelman.carl

Same page we were discussing here: http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=9&topic=1889.0. Running SVN 702.

The tables are No longer pre-filtered on rowid. Unable to delete records from the tables displayed via the tablebot. In Firefox when a record is selected and the delete button clicked, the page refreshes but the record is still there. In IE, when the new page loads it show "Error on page" in the lower left corner. I have tried this as both a registered user and as SA, with delete right set to both public frontend and to registered user.

Any advice or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks, Carl.

man i really dont know what is going on
i really cant replicate this issue on my test server, although i see it plainly enough on your site.
there might be some obscure clash going on with the multiple forms/tables on the same page - to verify that id unpublish all but one table and see if it will delete records. If it does then one by one add in each of the forms and tables until the error starts happening.
Id also try with sef urls off to see if that changes something

Its good to know that my problems aren't TOO easy to solve!! ;D

These tests were performed in both FF and IE using the measurements table and occasionally the notes table. IE showed an error when the page loaded but it rendered fine so I have no idea what the error is.

Took the page down to nothing but the one tablebot (removed all scripts, tables, forms, etc.) and set all the rights to public access. Still could not delete a row.

I then created a link directly to the table, was able to delete no problem.

So my next thought was a conflict with something in my joomla template so I changed to the default template. Still could not delete from a tablebot.

SO then I thought maybe you guys had changed something in the table template so I changed to the default table template from the SVN 700 load. Still could not delete a row from a table rendered by the tablebot.

Next, tested with SEF completely disabled for the site. Still could not delete from a tablebot table.

The only way I can delete a row is from the direct table view. I have not found any way to delete a record from a table viewed with the tablebot.

It appears to me to be an issue with the code in the tablebot.

Thanks, Carl.

Like Rob, I'm unable to duplicate this problem. The tablebot happily deletes items for me.

I don't seem to be able to get at your site right now (www.vinterresources.com), I just get a blank page. I'll try again tomorrow. If you don't have JoomlaExplorer or xTplorer installed, can you PM me an ftp login? I'll need to upload a tablebot with some debugging code in it ...

-- hugh

Hmmm.... not sure why you were getting the white screen unless you were trying to get on while I was doing some testing. Please try again and let me know if you are still having issues.

Explorer is installed but I suspect you will have a rights issue with using it on the Fabrik directories as the files were uploaded via ftp so have a different owner. I will PM FTP info to you.

I'm working on your other issue (session data) at the moment. Then I have a couple of other folk's issues in the queue. So it prolly won't be tonight, maybe Fri or Sat before I can get to this one.

-- hugh

Not forgotten, just been slammed with questions the las few weeks, working as hard as I can on catching up. Keep bumping it ...

-- hugh

OK, now I've sorted out a couple of other nasty problems that were ahead of you in the queue (both turned out to be because of trying to use foreign key constraints in InnoDB tables), I'll have some time to look at this one.

-- hugh

I'm trying to work on it, but after about half an hour the site started timing out on me. Ftp works, but www just ain't picking up the phone ...

-- hugh

The server came back again right after I posted my last update.

OK, well that was a major pain in the butt, but I finally tracked it down to your sh404SEF component.

If I bypass this by using FireBug to set the form action to point to the non-SEF'ed link to that static page (index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=66&id=19&lang=en&task=view), everything works fine.

I have no idea what sh404SEF is doing to upset things, but when using the SEF'ed link, Fabrik is never invoked and the form action is never taken.

What should happen is that the 'option=com_fabrik' hidden form item should override the query string option=com_content, so Joomla calls Fabrik, which does the table delete, then does a mosRedirect to the original query string com_content URL, which prints out the newly changed table(s). Buit when sh404SEF is in the picture, Fabrik is never getting invoked, it's going direct to com_content.

-- hugh

Ummmm..... yea..... what Hugh said! Thanks for looking in to this for me. I thought I had disabled sh404SEF for the Fabrik component. Guess not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back