Deleting a list also deletes the #_fabrik_list table

p38

Hi all,

This has happened to me for the 3rd time now, so I am sure there is a bug in the latest Git update.

If I delete a list (empty the trash) and opt to delete list, forms,elements and groups, then it deletes the fabrik_list CORE table as well.

Please note : I do NOT opt to delete the table as well.

After the empty trash, I get this message.

An error has occurred.

500 Table 'suspgymdev_db.#__fabrik_lists' doesn't exist Table 'suspgymdev_db.#__fabrik_lists' doesn't exist

This is of great concern, as I cant see why any SQL DELETE TABLE statement would be applied to a fabrik CORE file.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I recall this bug existed many, many years ago, but was quickly fixed. Has it perhaps slipped back?

Any suggestions where I can look to confirm it?

Further to this, it looks like it does not actually delete the table, but rather I discovered it renames it to "s" for some weird reason.

"s" is often used as a temp variable so perhaps there is an apostrophe missing that makes the variable "s" and actual table name

I just tested and can't replicate.
I assume you list was not one linked to the Fabrik Core table itself?

Hi troester, no it was a custom list.

Thanks for checking on your side, much appreciated.

I will clone the site and do some tests on my side. In all the years, this is the first time it has happened and it only happens on this site. It also has the very latest GIT update. All my other sites the updates are older and vary between 2 weeks and a few months old.

The only thing different with this site is that it has been through many version upgrades over the years, both in Joomla and Fabrik. Perhaps that is the issue.

I can't replicate this, and have never come across this happening before, ever.

I'll step through the code and see if I can see anywhere it could possibly happen. But the only way I know of to rename a table is with "ALTER TABLE foo RENAME bar" or "RENAME TABLE foo TO bar", and we don't use the "RENAME" syntax anywhere. I just searched the entire code base, and the only place 'rename' is used is when renaming files.

-- hugh

I just stepped through a delete (empty trash) a couple of times, opting to delete list, form, groups and elements, both with and without dropping the table.

I can't see anywhere in our code where we would be anything like close to renaming a table.

All we do is use the J! framework to delete table rows on our internal tables, which generates queries like ...

DELETE FROM #__fabrik_forms WHERE id IN (123)

... etc.

There is no "ALTER TABLE" anywhere.

The only thing I can think of is that because we run our metadata table deletes through the standard framework, J! will fire the usual onContentBeforeDelete and onContentAfterDelete plugin hooks. Is it conceivable you have some third party plugin which is running on those, and doing something funky?

-- hugh

Or, do you have any extensions which implement their own database drivers?

If you look in ...

libraries/joomla/database/driver

... you'll see the usual mysqli.php (Joomla's) and our mysqli_fab.php, which handles replacing our {package} prefix, plus a bunch of other standard J! ones. Is there anything that looks like it isn't Fabrik, or the original J! ones here:

https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/tree/staging/libraries/joomla/database/driver

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back