Design strategy help

Ghuerren

hello. Txt again in advance for your help!

I need to design an app the is capable of:
1- survey teachers, students, managers, staff, etc ( lets call it roles) from different schools. I will use fabrik forms for that.
2- generate BI trhu tables and graphics (I will use plotalot for the graphics and fabrik tables for the data presentation)
The thing is that the survey works like this:
-Teachers will fill out elements from: group A, group B, group D
-Students from group A, group D, group G
-managers from group A, Group G, group H
Each group has already around 50 elements, but it can change in the future. More questions could be added later to the survey...

As I mentioned, I will need to join data from multiple schools ( common elelements in the surveys). So I would rather have just one big form for the survey, with a first drop down element (role selector), hidding / showind the elements of each group in accordance with the roll.

But I'm also concerned about having a MySQL limit problem and a slow form/ website

What would be the best strategy in my case?
Thx again

So the users have to define their own roles by selecting from a dropdown, or do you have them separated out into different J! usergroups?

-- hugh

Hello. Thank you for your help!
The roles will be stablished in a separate table and I will use a databasejoin element to pull their names form a drop down.
So, first answer is correct. Not j user groups...

Complementing.... but I could use a j user group if you say it would be easier or more correct to do it this way....

Well, if you are trying to show different groups on the form to different "groups" of users, we have a "Group access" setting on groups. So that would naturally take care of that.

Or, with J! groups, you could copy the list, and set up the copies by hiding or unpublishing the groups you don't need for each user access level, and use access control on J! menus to show different menu items to different access levels.

(Copying a list creates a new set of list / form / group(s) / elements, which use the same underlying database table, but can be configured differently)

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back