Detail Template can't be accessed when logged in to front end

bluesguy

So I have two detail templates for my site and they work very well if you are not logged into the site.

The first detailed template (star systems) works whether you are logged in or not:
Not logged in:
fabrik-system-loggedout-1.png

Logged in (which allows you to edit it):
fabrik-system-admin.png
When you click the link you should go to the Planet detail template
Not Logged In:
fabrik-planet-loggedout-1.png
Logged In:
fabrik-planet-admin-1.png
I have looked to see how these custom detail templates are set up and configured in Fabrik but I don't see what I am doing wrong.

What element type is "Planet Name"?

The reason you get different links is if the user doesn't have edit access, Fabrik builds a details link, rather than a form link. And for some reason your form link doesn't work, but the details (read only) link does.

What happens if, when logged in, you try the un-SEF'ed link ... index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=38&rowid=12

I can't try that as I don't have a login, so it just redirects me to the details view.

-- hugh

One way to "fix" it would be to set the "Edit Records" ACL (list settings, access tab) to something like "Super Admins", so normal users will always get the (working) details link.

Doesn't explain why the form link is breaking, but would mean the site would work for regular users.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back